22

-Michael"s pov-

It was Monday again, and third period. Angelina walked in, her pregnant stomach bloating out. She was seven months along.

"Bitch" I mumbled. I hated her, more than anything or anyone I'd ever hated. Especially after what happened on Saturday.

Basically, when the cops came and spoke to Luke, they said that Angelina told them that Luke was the father of the baby. The cops believed it, and, until the baby was born, there was nothing he could do to prove he wasn't. It was his word against hers.

Once the baby was born, we could get a DNA test to prove that Luke wasn't the father and we could go on happily. But not until then.

Plus, they said that Angelina was unable to take care of the baby since she was 17 and didn't have a job, so Luke might be forced to take the baby.

Luke had to take care of a baby that wasn't even his. All because Angelina said that Luke was the dad. Once we got a DNA test, he wouldn't have to take it, but it still pissed me off.

During 7th period, people kept talking to Luke, because he was visibly upset.

"Leave me the fuck alone you fucking assholes!" He finally snapped.

"Luke!" I exclaimed. He looked at me.

"What?" He demanded.

"You have detention after school" I told him.

He rolled his eyes. "What the fuck ever" he said.

People still wouldn't leave him alone.

"Guys just leave Luke alone." I warned them.

"Why is he your favorite student?" a blonde girl demanded.

"I don't have a favorite." I lied to her.

"You defended him!" Another student exclaimed. I sighed.

"Do your work" I told them, going back to what I was doing. Grading assignments. Fun.

I was grading the pictures of their favorite animal when Luke's appeared. A very awful drawing of a penguin. It was horrible.

It looked like an eggplant with a triangle sticking out. I giggled a little. Cute. But, it wasn't about quality, it was about effort. He did the work, and he colored it. 100.

I moved it to the stack of graded papers and came across one that was a very detailed, very pretty, and very neat sloth.

Of course, it was Angelina's. I rolled my eyes and graded it a 100, setting it in the stack with the other graded papers.

The bell rang and students began going out.

"Mr. Hemmings?" I asked, and Luke turned around.

"What?" He asked, sounding pissed off.

"I'll see you after school." I reminded him.

"Yeah, I know " he snapped, then finished walking out.

I graded six more papers until the bell rang, and I looked around at my class. They looked tired.

"You guys look tired " I commented. Some nodded in agreement.

"Okay guys. Turn in your drawings and I'll explain your next assignment." I told them. Most of them got up to turn in their art, then they all sat back down.

"Okay guys. For your next assignment, you have to draw your favorite band or solo artist. If you want to color it, you can color it for extra credit." I told them. They nodded.

I was supposed to teach, but most of the students I had this year were the ones I had last year and the year before, and they knew the stuff anyway. Plus, nobody wanted to hear me talk about art, they wanted to do it.

They went to work, and I continued grading papers. Some were awful, and there was a really horrible horse that I thought the class might enjoy. I was glad I made the student put their names on the back, and I lifted it up for the class to see.

"This is a horse." I announced. I was glad that the girl who drew it was in my third period. Most of the class laughed. The rest smiled.

"Who drew it?" A few people asked.

"I can't tell you."

I answered. Two groaned, and the rest pushed me to tell them.

I put a 90 on it since it wasn't colored and put it in the stack. I moved on to the next. A beautiful kitten.

"See? This one's nice." I held it up.

"Who did that?" They wanted know.

"Alyssa Brown" I told them, putting a 100 on it and moving it to the graded stack.