14

-Luke's pov-

It was a little bit past half the summer, we had about one month until we went back to school.

I sighed, clicking next episode on american dad. I was on Michael's couch, in one of his sweaters and some sweat pants. Michael was at the store, after calling me a whiny girl on my period, because I wanted chocolate cupcakes.

He'd been gone for about thirty minutes, so I was expecting him to be home soon. The store he said he was going to was only about ten minutes away. And it couldn't take that long to get the cupcakes...

I started watching the episode and immediately skipped it. I'd seen this one a lot already. As the theme song was playing, I got up and went into the kitchen. I wanted food, and Michael was taking forever to get back.

I looked through the cupboards, eventually finding gummy life savers, and pulled them out. I grabbed a soda from the fridge on my way back, and noticed that I missed a little bit of the episode. But then I recognized that I had seen this one too. Oh well.

I liked this episode, so I kept it on.

I began to worry two and a half episodes later when michael still hadn't come home. I picked up my phone, found his name in my contacts, and called him.

No answer.

I tried twice more, his voicemail answering every time. I left a voicemail the last time before I hung up. Then I texted him a few times. He didn't respond.

I tried to calm myself down but I was failing. I couldn't. I tried calling him one more time, and he actually answered.

"Luke?" He answered.

"Michael!" I sighed in relief.

"Whats up?" he asked, worry showing in his voice. He was worried.

"Nothing. I was just wondering if you're okay" I stated.

"Yeah. Sorry, I ended up going to the mall to shop for your birthday present." He explained.

"Oh" I said, blushing a little bit. My birthday was in a few days, and he remembered.

"Are you okay?" He worried.

"Yeah. Just bored." I answered.

He laughed. "Well I'm on my way. I'll be there in about ten to fifteen minutes." He informed me.

"Okay" I smiled.

"I love you" he said, making butterflies in my stomach like every time he said he loved me.

"Love you" i answered before hanging up.

I cleaned up a little bit since there was still a half eaten bag of candy, a half full can of soda, two blankets thrown everywhere, and a shirt on the floor. It looked messy.

I finished cleaning it up and put family guy on instead, since I was so bored with american dad. About two minutes into the first episode, Michael came in the door with cupcakes in one hand and a couple bags in the other.

"Hey Luke" he said, handing me the cupcakes and taking the bags upstairs. When he came down, he studied me for a second.

"You look good" he said, making me blush a tiny bit. He sat on the couch and pulled me into his lap, pulling a cupcake out of the container.

As we ate the cupcakes, I sat sideways on his lap, partly cuddled up to him.

"Luke?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Do you uh- do you wanna move in?" He asked.

"Sure" I smiled. I was gonna be 18 in a few days, and I could move anywhere i wanted.

"Yay" he quietly said, licking the white frosting off his cupcake again.

"When are we doing this?" I asked after a second.

"Now" he smiled.

"Okay" I smiled back.

"Wait, really!?" He asked, sounding surprised. I nodded.

"Michael, I'll be 18 in a few days. It's close enough, and i doubt my parents will care anyway. Like, I've been here for a few days and they haven't even texted." I told him. He sighed.

"Okay." He smiled at me.

"You're so beautiful" I reminded him.

"No I'm not" he shook his head.

"Yes you are." I insisted, kissing him gently.

When he pulled away from the kiss, he looked at me.

"When do you wanna start packing?" He asked me. I shrugged.

"Now?" I suggested. He smiled.

"Okay" he said, and we got up.

We slid our shoes on and went to my house. I talked to my parents after Michael dropped me off, since he couldn't come in with me. My parents would notice he was my art teacher.

They approved me leaving, and my mom helped me pack.