11

-Luke's pov-

I sighed and walked into the house. "LUKE ROBERT HEMMINGS WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?" My mom demanded as soon as I was through the door. I closed it and closed my eyes for a second before turning back around.

"I uh- I was making up a test for history. I missed it last week when I was absent, and I had to take it." I lied. But she believed me, as her face softened a bit.

"Okay. Thanks for being responsible. Sorry for yelling at you." She was sweet again.

"Its alright mom." I told her, grabbing a cookie from the plate of freshly baked cookies on the counter.

I started to walk to my room as I took a bite of the cookie. When I got to my room, I closed the door and sat on my bed, pulling out my homework that I didn't have any motivation to do.

I started with history, trying to read the information about Abraham Lincoln, but I couldn't concentrate as the only thing on my mind was Michael.

I couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened today. I wondered where I got all the sudden confidence from. I wasn't a dominant type of person.

I would have never done that before. Maybe Michael was changing me. But I probably wouldn't do it to anyone else. Only Michael.

I sighed as I thought about what could've happened if my mom hadn't called and ruined it. I should've put my phone on silent, or off all together. My mom upset me sometimes, like when I could've fucked the hottest guy on the planet and she called and ruined it.

Times like that upset me. But there were times when I absolutely loved her. Like when she made me cupcakes just to make me feel better or because I accomplished something. She made really good cupcakes. And she made good homemade frosting.

I sighed and put my homework on my lap. I wondered what Michael's grades were like when he was my age.

I had low Bs except in two classes, where i had one A and one F. I was failing art, since I could barely concentrate in there with a fucking god teacher. He was perfect.

I took a deep breath and sighed, making another attempt to focus on my work.

Finally, I just decided to read the questions and skim the packet for the answer. It was faster anyway.

There was only seven questions, so it only took about fifteen  minutes. I put it back in my bag and pulled out my math homework. There were twenty five questions on this one, so it took like an hour to do, which sucked.

I finally finished and put my bag away. I was tired. I turned my music down a little bit and sighed. I had nothing to do and I didn't want to think about Michael again. So I got up to organize my room a little and sang along to music as I did. My mom came in after about 30 minutes.

"Luke, we're going for ice cream. Wanna come?"

She asked. "Sure" I agreed, getting up. I put my shoes back on and turned my music and light off. I followed my mom out to the car where my dad already was.

***

We were sitting there eating our ice cream when someone said my name. I turned and saw michael. Great.

"Oh. Hi" I said.

"Hey" he smiled.

"Who is this Luke?" My mom asked.

"That's my art teacher." I answered.

"Oh. Hello Mr. Clifford." My mom greeted.

"Hi Mrs. Hemmings." He smiled back.

"How is he in your class?" My dad asked. "He's pretty good. Except he's failing." Michael told him. God damn it.

"How is he failing?" My mom asked as my dad looked at me. He looked surprised.

"He doesn't get a lot of his work done. Only some of it." He explained to them.

"Luke! You know better than that!" My mom scolded me.

"I know" I groaned lightly. "Okay. Well we're gonna go. Thank you Mr. Clifford" my mom said. I followed my parents out to the car and we climbed in.

"Really dad? You had to do that right then?" I asked, a little pissed off.

"Yeah." He said, starting to drive.

"We just wanted to know honey." My mom told me. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I muttered, staring out the window. I couldn't believe they would do that. I was so pissed off at them. And I was fucking embarrassed.

Sorry.

Ily all xx