chapter 33

y/n pov

"She's my sister" she sighed

"What...?"

"Well, more like a stepsister, shes a complete bitch though"

"who would know that better than me" i scoffed

"I would, I've known her for years."

"So did your parents get divorced?"

"My mother felt that my father didn't have enough money to provide for her because he didn't have a good job back then and we were in a bad place financially, so she divorced him. I was only 2."

"Oh...", I looked at her a bit concerned

She took a deep breath, "then my mother married some other rich man and got pregnant again a few months later, you could guess the rest."

"ahh.. and your father?"

"He's still with me, and he's one of the most loving people ever" she gave me a smile as she looked at me.

I guess it's true that everyone has their own story.

"Yeah, if I were you, I'd hate Sung Hee too, even though I already do"

"honestly, when we were young, i did my best to have a good sisterly relationship with her, but my mom hated it. so she didn't allow her to meet me, meet anyone, specifically. she used to tell her shit like 'she should only be with people who're beneficial to her, relationships without good advantages have no meaning' blah blah. i think that affected sung hee a lot, now she's just a bitch like her mom"

"woah.. thats- alot. i hope you and your dad are doing good"

"We're fine! aishh i can't believe I started venting when we're here to have fun, lets eat!"

"It's okay!", I assured her and smiled, she smiled back and we continued eating.

-

we finished up about half an hour later, and then we decided to get home.

"i had fun today! Let's hang out together again some day" she said smiling

I nodded with a grin, "of course".

"oh also, i dont wanna be nosy but I'm curious, why do you hate Sung Hee?"

"There's a lot, but we can save that for another day"

"Sure!" She gave me an understanding smile and we both said goodbye and left.

"Having friends isn't so bad, I guess," I yawned as I walked home.

i passed the place where i ate fried chicken last time, and also drank to the point i almost got kidnapped. i better just head home.

-

"I'm home" I said as I got in, as usual, there was no response. I just went to my room

no ones pov

It didn't take long for you to fall asleep because you were tired and not used to being with someone other than Seungmin. But you didn't hate it, though.

-

And that's how the days passed. You were definitely getting better and Hyunjin was no longer someone of your concern. You stopped acting so awkward around him, you stopped avoiding him and just ignored him everytime you'd run over him. Aera also became relatively close to you, and Seungmin was still your good friend, of course.

on a different note, hyunjin's days weren't as pleasant. it was never easy for him really, but now it seemed to be worse. It was as if he had almost nothing by him, except for his mother sneaking him money every now and then. For some reason, he didn't really miss Sung Hee, and it didn't bother him that she just used him. But sometimes he thought about y/n, about the time when they were good friends. He also tried to go back and see where things had gone wrong, but he was still consistent that he'd already lost his feelings for her and that he didn't give a shit. But he did. nonetheless, he didnt put alot of thought into it, or her. nothing much mattered to him anymore, he didnt have a dream, he knew his father wouldnt let him do anything other than their business, he didnt have anyone to look up to. he just existed, alone.

(haha emo boi)

(sorry i cringed)

About 2 weeks later

hyunjin pov

I came home after school, but as soon as I entered, I heard my parents yelling at each other. This was nothing new to me, they'd been quarrelling for a week now. I just ignored it and started walking into my room, but as soon as i reached, i heard a crash followed by my mom's scream.

As much as I wanted to ignore it, I couldn't. i had to go look what was going on, and I didn't have a good feeling about it.

Instead of just dashing in, I decided to secretly listen to what they were saying, and I didn't even have to try. all I heard was my dad yelling and my mom's quiet sobs.

I could already feel my heart starting to panic, and I hated how i possibly knew what was going on. After a few seconds of pulling myself together, I finally decided to get in. im so sick of being scared of him.

When I opened the door, I saw my mom on the floor with her mouth dripping blood and bruises all over her, and my father standing with a baseball bat. It felt like i had stopped breathing for a moment. my mom looked at me worried, gesturing me to go away as i glared at my dad. hell, i dont even feel like calling him a dad.

"hyunjin please leave" my mom finally spoke up with her broken voice, but this time, i wasnt listening to her.

I walked up to them and punched my dad, knocking him to the ground away from my mom.

"HYUNJIN !!! HE S YOUR FATHER!" my mom yelled behind me, and I ignored her. youre wrong mom. hes not my father, he's a fucking monster.

"lets get out of here" i turned around, helped my mom get up and walked out of the room with her. my dad continued yelling but we ignored it. my mom kept telling me that we shouldn't leave him, and that shes okay, but I knew she wasnt. She needed help. and so she continued walking with me. she just didnt wanna accept it.

Before I got out, I quickly grabbed the money that i had saved every time my mother gave me any, because i didnt spend much of it. they werent alot but enough to get her to the hospital for now.

no ones pov

Hyunjin booked a cab to the nearest hospital. On the way there, blood started dripping from his mother's head and she slowly lost consciousness. Hyunjin was confused and scared at the same time, he had no idea what he was going to do. its like he was having a panic attack but at the same time he had to be sober because of his mom, so he just held her hand and cried silently.

When they arrived, Hyunjin quickly took his mother to the hospital. He was so confused that he didn't know where to go and what to do, but somehow he got the help of a few nurses and got his mom in.

He paced back and forth tensely while they took her to the emergency room. "Hyunjin?" someone called his name from the other way around.

y/n pov

After school, I chilled in my room listening to music. Seungmin said he was doing extra shifts today so I wouldn't have to study. Mom was out to get her weekly checkup and we would watch a movie afterwards so i was waiting for her to come back.

An hour later, I thought I heard someone walk in, most probably mom, so I quickly went downstairs to check.

"momm??" I said excitedly as I looked up, but my smile dropped when I saw someone standing next to her.

hyunjin.

~to be continued