chapter 44

hyunjin pov

i saw him suck in a breath before he turned around, "if this is a 'stay away from my girl' talk, sorry i'm not really interested" he said, dodging the actual question.

"it isnt, im just asking" i replied

"whether i do or not doesn't change anything, and i dont think its any of your business" he said as he turned around to walk away before letting me say anything else. its like he puts on his good boy mask infront of y/n. 

or maybe be im the problem. oh well, i shrugged and started walking to the ice cream shop.

y/n pov

"okay.. are we good? i asked taking a last look at hyunjin's room. "yes. i think so" aera replied.

we just finished up cleaning the whole place up after almost getting ourselves in trouble, but thankfully we managed to get things out just on time. "lets get out of here" i said and we walked out of his room and saw hyunjin walking up the stairs holding a ice cream box and a drink for himself.

we quickly moved from around his door and situated back around my room, "why are you guys in the hall?" he asked, giving us a weird look.

"why not.. aha" i said softly, aera nodded with a nervous smile. he looked at us for a second then said, "whatever i guess, here's the ice cream" he held out the box and i took it.

"thank you so much!" i said with a smile, but instead of walking away he held out his hand. "what?" i asked confused.

"money. i paid for that" he said as he took a sip from his drink.

"oh.. right. hold on" i told him and went back into my room and aera followed, then i grabbed some money from my wallet and gave it to him. "there."

he smiled and went inside his room, i sighed with relief as i walked into mine.

aera sat there on the bed, i went and joined her. "these two together can be really.. tiring" she said as she started unpacking the ice cream hyunjin the bought.

"i know. its like my fight or flight mode triggers everytime they're within five feet of each other" i replied with a sigh.

she took a bite, then after a second fixed herself to say whatever she was going to. "okay.. lets say, they both like you. who would you choose?" she asks 

i take in a breath, trying to think it out. but i cant. "i.. dont know. i kind of have neutral feelings for both of them. but i cant really do hyunjin, thats so unfair to seungmin if he does like me" i said and laid down on the bed.

aera nodded, "thats true"

"i mean lets put it together, seungmin would make a quite decent boyfriend. he's smart, responsible, calm, cares about me, is pretty good looking, and tall enough. he's got a cute smile too. did i leave anything out?" i said, aera nodded slowly taking all that in.

"do you think i should just ask him out? because he's taking forever" i asked again as she laid down as well.

"what? i mean sure you could do that. but here's whats important, do you like him though?" i sigh again, i really dont know. sure there were times when my heart raced because of him, but do I like him enough to actually go out with him? who knows.

"its whatever now, we dont really have a choice or i'm just gonna have to deal with their asses forever. how about this, i'm only gonna ask him if he likes me, not to go out with me. if he really wants me he can atleast take the next step right" i said