chapter 41

y/n pov

"you said you would do it!" i complained, hyunjin agreed to do my assignment but eversince i got back home he says he wouldn't, just because it wasnt 'us' who hung out but seungmin and aera as well.

"yes, and that was to watch a movie with you, not him" he said crossing his arms.

i glared at him, "you should keep your word atleast" i said. he was right in his place and i was right for me, because even if we weren't alone we were still there.

he opened his mouth to say something, then paused, then said something after a second. "i can help you with it" he said with a smirk as he opened the door to his room further, inviting me in.

i glared at him more, "i could just do it myself if that was the case. " i shrugged.

"alright then, goodnight"

"OKAY OKAY let me get the stuff" i nagged, he smiled and followed me in to my room as i got my things and he carried my chair to the desk in his room. normally i would ask seungmin to get me a hand in assignments, but i cant now that busy with his things. plus its due in 2 days, so a little help wouldn't be so bad.

barely half an hour into it and im already sleepy. "cant i just copy yours? im sure we're in the same class" i said with a convincing smile, which looking at his face, probably didn't work. 

"no, i'd rather have you here and help" he said as he looked up from whatever he was writing, and gave me a smile. another one. his smile slowly dropped to a stronger stare, i quickly bought myself back with a scoff.

"you know if you're trying to seduce me, it isn't working" i said jokingly, he moved his stare back to a smile. "i wasn't trying  to, though" he replied, i opened my mouth to say something, then shut it back again

he slowly leaned in as his hands reached out for my chair, "but i could," he said as he pulled my chair closer to him, "if i wanted to" he finished the sentence with a smirk.

i just sat there as i blinked i dont even know how many times, my breathing slowly got faster and faster, he didn't break the eye contact. we just stared at each other blankly for a few seconds. his eyes dropped to my lips for a split second when i quickly got up and stepped back. "finish it for me, ill hang out with you tomorrow" i said in a single breath without looking at him.

"is that how i buy your time now?" he said as he looked up at me, i shrugged.

"if you dont want to you can always--"

"ill get it done" he quickly added, i nodded, then started walking out without saying anything. oh wait- my chair. i quickly ran back in his room and dragged my chair out. i didn't look at him at all, but i know he was smiling. "goodnight, y/n" he said as i stepped out of his room again, i ignored him as i turned to step out of his room, where i found my mom standing instead. 

"what were you doing in his room?" she asked me as she raised a brow, "nothing-! we were barely studying" i answered, followed by a nervous laugh as i shut the door behind us before hyunjin would butt in. i wasn't lying, we were studying. but if he somehow shits about me bribing him to do my school work, i would most definitely get in trouble. 

"did you need anything?" i asked to change the topic instead. even though some suspicion in her eyes remained, she dropped it. "so.. ill be out for the next week, something sudden came up. im sorry" she said as she shot me an apologetic look. my face dropped, but i quickly put on a smile again. "its.. fine. dont worry" i said. it was her birthday next wednesday, and we'd plan out on doing so many things this past week.