Chapter 12

Hurricane landed beside Tarantula in front of a small, quaint hut. The others were a bit further back, so they were alone. That made Hurricane a bit unsettled, because Turantula's claws were stained were blood. He must've seen Hurricane staring at it, because he sighed and dipped his claws into the nearby river. Clouds of blue and red went up in the water, and Hurricane tilted his head. "What's that?"

"What, the blue?" Tarantula shrugged. "Venom. It's my special gift."

"...Alright." Hurricane felt less safe than he'd felt before. He knocked on Stormwatcher's door, hoping this was the right house.

"What is it?" The grumpy StormWing poked his head out of the house. "Oh."

"You wanted to talk to us? We're here." Hurricane sighed.

"I told you to bring your friends, not this bee-brain." Stormwatcher growled. Tarantula chuckled under his breath and gestured slightly towards the now purple river. "You might want to watch your words."

Stormwatcher rolled his eyes. "Whatever, come in."

Hurricane peered over his shoulder. Silverfang stepped out, startling him. "I can watch for your friends, if they're coming."

"Thanks." Hurricane bobbed his head and walked into the hut. Stormwatcher sighed and sat down on one of the stools around a table in the corner of the room. There were two hammocks on the other side of the hut big enough for a dragon like Stromwatcher could fit in.

"I have something to tell you about."

The rest of them joined him, then Stormwatcher spoke again only this time, it was somehow even more serious.

"Isuppose you've met my friend, Flood, we are finding things out about the queen herself that aren't exactly pleasant." Stormwatcher started.

"The thing is," Tarantula interrupted," The queen is nice, helps others, deals with Flood and dragons like you every day. Plus, she probably already solved the problem at the palace."

How would you know?  Hurricane thought to himself. The others entered as almost right agger Tarantula said this.

"We're here!" Igneous declared.

"Seems to me salty dragons like you just don't like a dragon who doesn't think like you." Tarantula's voice started sounding raspy and full of malice. "You're a lot like a sheep chasing a cow, doing something useless with their time until death, always wondering what they'll do once they've gotten what they wanted."

"Enough. Look, kid, you seem like you know your stuff, and I get that, but trust me when I say that you'll need help getting your heads around this."

"FIne, say what you want." Tarantula snarled before cooling down and going back to having a smile on his face. The others looked confused.

"Anyways, Flood and I have been working with each other and we've found enough evidence to-" Stormwatcher was cut off again.

"Cut to the chase already, would you? We don't have all day." Spirit hissed, Mesos nodded in agreement.

"Fine, let me say this, have you wondered why that little explosion happened? According to Flood it came from cacti that the queen requested from the SovoahWings," He shot Tarantula a look, "Want to know what they were doing in that room? Talking about helping other StormWings escape." Stormwatcher gestured at Hurricane, Mist, Cloud.

"Want to know why Flood purposely is hated, he doesn't want others catching on to him, want to know why Goldenscale is nice? She's planning something, we just don't know what yet."