Chapter 14

Hurricane had been following Thunderbird around the palace for a while when he ran into Cloud, Mesos, and Spirit.
"Oh, hey guys!" Hurricane called. Thunderbird slowed. "Oh, are those your friends?"
"Yep!" Hurricane nodded. "That's Mesos and Cloud."
Hurricane glided down to meet them, sliding slightly on the smooth floor as he landed.
"Hi, Hurricane!" Cloud grinned. "Oh, is that your mother? Spirit told me that you found her."
"She also told us some other things." Mesos growled, fiddling with the pouch around her neck.
Hurricane narrowed his eyes at Spirit, but decided to brush it off. "Where are Tarantula and Igneous?"
"Right here." Hurricane jumped and spun to see Tarantula standing behind him, brushing feathers off of his claws. "We just came back from breakfast, sorry."
"Hi." Igneous waved.
"No offense," Hurricane said slowly, "But are all TeraWings your size? Because you intimidate me."
Igneous cracked a small, amused smile. "No, I'm just bigger than normal. I don't mean to scare anybody, but it helps when this knucklehead gets into trouble."
"Knucklehead yourself!" Tarantula said, though his voice was light and playfulness filled his gaze. "Anyways, we found something else."
"Really?" Hurricane blinked. "What?"
"This." Igneous pulled out a scroll from the small belt of objects she had around her waist. It was small and seemed to be old, as some of the edges seemed burned. She unfurled the scroll to reveal that part of it was ripped off, in the middle of the writing.
"What does it say?" Cloud asked, with wide eyes.
Igneous shrugged. "We hadn't read it yet."
Hurricane squinted at it, just able to read the rushed, messy writing.
When the storm of darkness starts to come,
And whispers from the fallen blot out the sun,
When the cry of war shall fill the air,
And the dragons are left in despair,
Five dragonets shall uncover,
A secret to free the Wings of Thunder,
And that was where the page had ripped. Hurricane stared at it in confusion. "Now what does that mean?"
"'Wings Of Thunder'?" Tarantula asked. "That sounds like..like a book title, or something. Maybe it's a story."
"That does not seem like a story." Mesos said grumpily.
"How would you know?" Tarantula retorted, leaning towards her. "Maybe it is a story, but it's just unfinished. See? I can be smart, just like you."
Mesos squinted at him, looking disgusted.
"I'm going to keep it on me," Igneous said, "Just in case it's important."
"That sounds like a good idea." Hurricane nodded. "What do we do now?"
"It's getting pretty late." Mesos informed them. "Let's go to sleep. If you dragons even do that. For all I know, you stay up all night committing crimes."
"Just because the SpectreWings want us in jail does not mean that we are criminals." Cloud said confidently.
"Yes. It does." Mesos snapped.
"All we're wanted for is escaping." Hurricane shrugged. "Anyways, my mother showed me a few open rooms. We could see if we could get one."
"Alright, then." Tarantula nodded. "Let's go."
Hurricane looked up to see that Thunderbird was gone, so he decided to lead the others to the rooms.

After a lot of searching and bargaining, the group finally managed to get their talons on a room.
"You first, m'lady." Tarantula said, bowing dramatically towards the door.
"If you ever call me M'lady again," Mesos snarled, "I will make it my personal mission to have you bleed out in a ditch."
"Charming, absolutely brilliant." Tarantula laughed as Mesos walked in. Hurricane sighed and shook his head, extremely confused. "Alright," He said, "Everybody get settled."
"Already have." Spirit mumbled sleepily, curled in one of the blankets. There were several beds, though not enough for all of them.
"Somebody's sleeping on the floor, and it's not me." Cloud hummed.
"I'll do it, if it makes Mesos happy." Tarantula laughed. Mesos threw a pillow at him. "What is wrong with you?"
Tarantula let out another laugh as he dodged. "What's wrong with trying to make you as furious as dragonly as possible?"
"EVERYTHING." Mesos snarled. "Literally. Everything."
"Goodnight, darling!" Tarantula sang, curling up on the floor next to her bed.
"I'M GOING TO THROW YOU INTO A DITCH!" Mesos roared.
Hurricane covered his ears with a pillow and tried to go to sleep.

Hurricane woke up to a deep rumble and bits of ceiling on his head. He lifted his head, blinking groggily. What...?
He felt warm, too warm. He looked around. Spirit.
She was still in the corner, although she was awake and had thrown her blanket off of her. Hurricane flew over. "Are you alright?"
"I'm fine," Spirit said, "But why is it so hot?"
"The volcano." Hurricane jumped and turned to see Igneous at the entrance, her gaze dark. "It's erupting."