Chapter 21

It was hard to get there after all the excitement, but Hurricane and his friends made it back to the StormWing village close to dawn. None of them said a word about what happened, not even Tarantula. They finally landed outside of Stormwatcher's hut, Mesos was the first to fall. Collapsing near the trees on the side of the hut.

"Wake me and you die." That's all she said before proceeding to snore loudly.

Tarantula walked over layed next to her.

"That was intense," He rested his head on the floor, "I sleep now."

Igneous proceeded to sigh and do the same and Mist followed. Leaving only Hurricane and Spirit left.

"So, about your leg." Spirit gesture towards the dried blood on Hurricane's leg.

"Oh, t-that. Don't worry about it, i-i-it's really nothing." Hurricane responded hurriedly.

"Just wondering,. So, uh, anyways, what are we doing after showing the keys to Stormwatcher? Hopefully saving the StormWings, right?" Spirit answered, Hurricane could tell that she was distracted.

"Spirit, is something wrong?" Hurricane asked in a suggestive tone.

"NO!" Spirit retaliated, she clearly wasn't trying to talk about it.

Hurricane gave her a look.

"Spirit, what's wrong with you?" Hurricane asked now, more curious than ever.

"Well," Spirit started softly, "Do you remember how we met?"

Hurricane nodded and Spirit sighed.

"I was there for reasons and I'm not even sure I can tell you and I wish I could, but, I just can't, I hope you understand," Spirit said softly, "I'm sorry, but I-"

"Spirit," Hurricane said, now apologetically, "Tell me whatever you need to."

Spirit quickly changed the subject completely ignoring what Hurricane said.

"So, question, how did you start an entire fire?" Spirit asked with a bold smile on her face.

"Well, StormWing talons heat up a lot when someone spaces out, and trust me, I was close to being unconscious when I noticed, it just kind of happened." Hurricane answered feeling embarrassed.

"Okay, let's get some sleep, Blueberry." Spirit said before laying down.

"Oh," Hurricane suddenly remembered something from earlier suddenly, "About earlier, why did you pull away from me?"

Spirit's head snapped up with a flustered look.

"Oh, well, um, you see, well, I don't, uh," She stammered for a while before finally being able to piece a sentence, "I was scared okay?"

She shifted around uncomfortably.

"I wasn't ready to see what I saw, and I guess I needed a friend." She admitted Hurricane knew there was more to that story but brushed it off, he didn't want to come off as nosy.

She curled up near Igneous and tried to fall asleep, but Hurricane wouldn't allow that conversation to end there. Instead of saying anything, he put a wing over Spirit and she nestled closer to him.

"Don't turn this into anything." She said shyly with her eyes firmly closed.

Hurricane felt as if he'd just hopped over the moons, this was a feeling that could only be defined as good. He couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to happen, something bad. He sighed, he had gotten quite used to that feeling after everything after his escape. He managed to fall asleep after his rushing head finally slowed down, he wasn't ready for the dream that followed. Hurricane looked around, nothing but screaming and death surrounding him, he looked down and saw a dragon's corpse at his feet, his and Hurricane's talons covered in blood. In fact, apon more observation, Hurricane discovered he had scars and blood all over him. Suddenly, a screaming dragon sprinted towards him, just as bruised as him.