Japanese Empire's Chaos

November 2

Prime Minister's Office, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo

The day after the government announcement and two days after the incident occurred, several cabinet members gathered in the Prime Minister's Office, where the press conference was held.

"Good grief... there is no way the Expo can be canceled now when the opening ceremony had already taken place."

Prime Minister Yuuma Hashida groaned as he thought back to his speech to the Diet in the morning. He had been repeatedly interrogated by the opposition about whether it was right or wrong to allow the Expo to resume without adequate measures to prevent a recurrence, and he was getting tired of it.

"Indeed. How much money do you think has been spent on the last Expo of the 21st century? If we can't hold the Expo, we will be taking a big loss."

Megumi Namba, Minister of State for the World Expo, continued.

"However, this is still a great loss of face to our country. The 'Japanese Empire' is the only country in the world that maintains a system of complete rule of law. Therefore, the people of Japan are aware that this is the only country in the world that is safe. But when a terrorist attack occurred during the Expo's opening ceremony, for which a strict security system was in place..."

"The sense of anxiety about security and safety is sure to grow. And that distrust will lead to distrust of the government."

Following Namba, Asaharu Hasegawa, Chairman of the National Public Safety Commission, gave his remarks. As he said, the Japanese people were increasingly distrustful of the government for its failure to prevent the attack.

"...As for the group calling itself the Korean People's Revolutionary Army, when it so brazenly and openly demanded disclosure of our nation's secret technology, it smells very fishy, doesn't it?" Minister of Foreign Affairs Mine Matsujiro spoke while resting his chin on his cane.

The nuclear fusion technology and space development technology demanded to be disclosed were used in the flying battleship Fusō, a relic from the far future brought back from the other world of Terralus 60 years ago, which was analyzed and duplicated by a Japanese research institute and used as their own.

Naturally, these technologies were coveted by other countries, and intelligence officers from embassies in other countries were eager to seize the information. When terrorists demanded such information, one could not help but speculate on the involvement of some state power.

"Well... more on that later. Namba-san... what about the reopening of the Expo?"

PM Hashida asked Namba who was in charge of the Expo while avoiding direct reference to a certain country.

"The restoration work has already begun on the areas damaged by the explosion. It will probably take two to three weeks before the Expo opens, including the final checks," Namba answered.

While the police are conducting their investigation, the Japanese government is steadily making preparations for the reopening of the Expo. The ruling party, however, was engaged in a heated war of words with the opposition, which was not satisfied with that conclusion.

. . .

Tokyo Police Hospital, Nakano Ward, Tokyo

The Public Security Bureau, which is jointly investigating the Expo Terrorism Case with the Criminal Investigation Bureau, was looking into the route by which the terrorist organization gained entry into Japan. On the same day, three officers belonging to the Public Security Bureau's Foreign Affairs Division 2, including Jyozo Sena, who was Juen's classmate, visited the Tokyo Police Hospital, where members of the terrorist organization who were taken into custody were being held.