The Satori and the Catalan Girl

December 27, 2103

Embassy of the Japanese Empire, Barcelona

One week after their arrival in Catalonia, Tokusa and Maebayashi visited Ambassador Mashiba in his office to deliver their final greetings.

"We will soon return to Japan. Thank you very much for your help."

"No, no, please! I'm glad everything ended without incident."

Mashiba was bidding farewell in a jovial mood. However, Maebayashi the mind-reader yōkai already knew how fake that smile was.

After that, the three shook hands with each other and the two left the embassy under the guidance of a local official. An official car of the IF Security Forces was already waiting at the main entrance to take them to the airport.

"Well then..."

Maebayashi said a few words of farewell to the female staff member who had come to see them off, and then he and Tokusa sat down in the back of the car. The car carrying the two left through the front gate separating the embassy grounds and the ambassador's residence from the city center.

"........."

As the car exited the gate, Maebayashi noticed Octavia outside the gate. She was making eye contact with Maebayashi on the other side of the car window.

Barcelona-El Prat Airport

The official car carrying the two arrives at Barcelona-El Prat Airport. After unloading their luggage and seeing off the car and driver, Tokusa and Maebayashi did not enter the airport, but hurried to a nearby hotel. After making contact with the "visitors" from Japan at the front desk, they took the elevator up to the suite where they are staying. When they reached the top floor, they rang the bell and waited for the inquirer to come out from inside.

"Well, well, well... welcome, we've been waiting for you."

After a short wait, a well-built young policeman dressed in a navy-blue turnout uniform emerged from inside. He opened the door and motioned for Tokusa and Maebayashi to come inside. They were then ushered into the living room, where Chief Inspector Raigo Nakamine, who was leading the unit sent from Japan, was waiting for them.

"My name is Raigo Nakamine of the National Police Agency Security Bureau's International Crime Prevention and Control Division Section 3, nice to meet you. Thank you for your hard work on the overseas inspection mission."

Standing in front of the reception couch, Nakamine welcomed the two men in a neat, standing posture and held out his right hand for a handshake.

"Sorry for your inconvenience. My name is Kagemitsu Tokusa from the International Security Bureau of the Consular Affairs Bureau..."

"My name is Satoru Maebayashi from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Inspection Office."

The two men introduced themselves to Nakamine. After shaking hands, they sat down on the sofa facing each other.

"So... I am sure you have already been notified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but the target of the latest revelation is the Embassy of the Japanese Empire. It is with a heavy heart that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has brought this scandal upon our people, but I would like to ask the members of the International Crime Prevention and Control Division to cooperate with us to protect the honor of our country."

Tokusa, the representative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, began to talk about the circumstances of the incident.

"Of course, we will spare no effort to cooperate. We will do our utmost to expose them," Nakamine responded firmly.