World Expo Closing Ceremony

May 21, 2101

Neo Bayside Waterfront District, Koto Ward, Tokyo

About five months after the start of the 22nd century, the ceremony celebrating the opening of the new century was finally coming to an end. Half a year after the Tokyo Expo'100 was held, the closing ceremony had finally arrived.

In the Expo Memorial Stadium, on the same stage as the opening ceremony, the audience consisted of many ordinary spectators and VIPs from all walks of life. The original plan was for the Prince, the younger brother of the current Emperor, to attend the event, but due to the incident at the opening ceremony, he was not able to attend the site.

Krieeeee... Boom! Bo-Boom!

Looking up at the night sky, they saw fireworks going off around the Expo site. At last, the banquet to announce the closing of the Expo had begun.

On the stadium grounds, the Army Band plays Dvořák's "From the New World". The Governor of Tokyo, Seiichi Ishikawa, appeared on the stage placed in the center of the pitch. A giant screen in the stadium then lit up, showing the image of the Emperor's younger brother. The image was broadcasted live from the palace where he resides. At that moment, the audience burst into applause.

"Please be seated, ladies and gentlemen..."

The music ended, and at the same time, an announcement urged the audience to take their seats. Immediately after, the stadium was enveloped in silence.

"The Governor of Tokyo, Seiichi Ishikawa, will give his closing remarks."

Ishikawa stepped to the front of the stage as his name was called. Standing in front of the microphone stand, he slowly opened his mouth.

"The closing ceremony of the World Expo 2100 in Tokyo will now begin."

The closing address was delivered. Immediately after, the spotlights that had illuminated the stadium turned to the night sky. As soon as the lights intersected at a point in the sky, sparkling light dust fell from the place where the lights met.

"Naotaro Kobayashi, Chairman of the Expo Association, will present the following remarks."

Governor Ishikawa stepped back and was replaced by Naotaro Kobayashi, Chairman of the Expo Association, who stood before the microphone. Kobayashi took out a card from his breast pocket and inhaled deeply.

"It is with great joy that I am honored to have His Highness joining us today for the closing ceremony of the Tokyo World Expo. The road to the present day has not been smooth sailing, with the horrific terrorist attack on the opening ceremony six months ago and the revelation of the fraudulent activities of Jyoen Koroki, who was named Vice President of the Association. We terribly apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Despite these difficulties, the Expo was able to come to a close thanks to the efforts of all those who were involved in this year's Expo. The number of visitors to the Expo to date is 43 million, far exceeding our initial goal of 20 million. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to all of you."

The terrorist attack, which took place in the world's only country with complete rule of law, shocked leaders not only in Japan but also around the world. The Japanese government doubled its security budget and made a thorough effort to prevent a recurrence. This appeal was successful, and the decline in the number of visitors was halted.

"The theme of this year's Expo was 'Dawn of a New Century,' a bridge from the chaotic 21st century to the new, 22nd century, featuring exhibitions of the latest technologies that will brighten the future of the Earth, as well as traditions and cultures to be handed down to future generations. It is our sincere hope that these exhibitions will serve as a bridge of hope for the future.