Golden Power and the Fateful Encounter

Yokohama Bay Entertainment City Amusement Park

After fighting off their pursuers, Koba and Yadoya were heading for the exit of the Entertainment City, blending in with the crowds.

"The pursuers must have left, but once on the main street, the surveillance cameras will find you. You must hide your face as you go."

"Y-yes...!"

Hagane was wearing a small winged hooded jumper with her hood covering her eyes, and two boys were flanking her, shielding her from public view. The two slowly made their way toward the exit, keeping a wary eye on their surroundings. They proceeded through the passing crowd with a tense feeling that was out of place in Entertainment City.

'...Good, we're here!'

The three of them approached the entrance gate. Unlike the entrance, there is no need to go through the baggage check or metal detector when exiting the venue. The guards' eyes were also focused on them, and the three of them proceeded to the exit gate, keeping a cool façade. But then, suddenly, they heard a voice call out to them.

"Hey you, it's not raining, why are you wearing your hood so tight?"

"!!"

Hagane's hood caught the attention of a security guard. The three stopped, freaked out, as a guard stopped them, and the guard who had called out stood in front of them. Meanwhile, another guard went behind them to cut off their path.

"There's been a theft racket at the hotel by someone we think is underage, and we'd like to check out your faces."

"........."

Koba put his right hand into a position of utmost alertness.

'...Seriously? Or are they the bad guys!?'

'If push comes to shove, I'll use my Kamaitachi...'

A bead of cold sweat broke out on Koba and Yadoya's foreheads. However, if they tried to force a breakthrough here, they would give the other side an excuse to catch them. Hagane, making up her mind, rolled up her hood to expose her face. The security guard displayed the face of the culprit on his tablet terminal and pointed the terminal's camera at her face to measure the match rate.

"Match rate 11% ...It's not her. Sorry about that. You may go on."

"...!"

After confirming that Hagane was not the thief, the guard gave them permission to leave. Yadoya and Koba watched on and patted their chests in extreme relief.

"...Looks like they were genuine security guards. I'm glad, Yohatsu-chan..."

Koba called out to Hagane, who was standing behind him. Then he turned around behind him with Yadoya. At that moment, both of them paled.

"Hagane-san...!?"

"!!?"

Hagane, who was supposed to be there, was gone. Looking around, they did not see anyone who looked like her. Perhaps drowned out by the bustle of the crowd, her voice could not be heard.

"...Shit! They got her!"

Koba, not looking to be seen, got down on both knees and punched the ground. The momentary lapse of mind gave her pursuers an opportunity to strike when they should have been on the lookout.

"W-what should we do...!?"

Yadoya could not hide his frustration. But they had already decided what to do next. Koba, who had been holding his head in his hands, slowly stood up and turned his gaze toward the shining tower hotel at the far end of the Entertainment City.