The Vampiric Menace

April 15

Toyama Park, Shinjuku Ward

Anger at the injury to their comrades burst forth in Hozumi and Rokutani's hearts. The park was already surrounded by backup police officers and security androids in addition to them, with numerous muzzle flashes pointed at the assailant.

"This is your final warning! You are completely surrounded! You are under arrest for assault and obstruction of justice! Get down on the ground with your hands behind your head!"

Rokutani barked to the young man over the loudspeaker to surrender. Residents living in the park had also heard the sirens and commotion and came out of their houses one after another.

"Do you really think you can catch me? Do all of you want to die?"

However, the assailant... the vampire child Touma Tsukigami who disguised as a mysterious man, laughed in the face of warnings from the state authorities.

This Empire of Japan is the only country in the world with a complete rule of law, and this Tokyo is one of the world's watched cities. On the other hand, there are few individuals in this country, including Inudera, who was involved in the Expo Terrorist Attack, who have powers that even the government and police cannot subdue. This was the main cause of the chaos swirling around the country.

"Nah... we will be fine, monster lady."

"!"

Juen forced his bruised body to sit up. He then forced his creaking knees to stretch and stood up. His eyes were as piercing as Touma's as he glared at her while speaking.

"Don't you dare to get too cocky. Within ten—no, within five years, we, humanity, will surely have the means to subdue the likes of you. The day will surely come when we will surpass the strongest of all beings. We may not be able to defeat you now, that is true. But we are the guardians of the law. We cannot just let this happen!"

"Uh-huh..."

Seeing someone who has been hurt but still has not lost the will to fight, Touma is intrigued by him. But her distraction lasted only a moment, and she slowly raised her right hand to catch him.

"Honestly, if you had given me the blood... I wouldn't have killed you, but I had no choice. As you can see, this appearance is a temporary façade. In addition, I cannot be seen on the cameras. So the only way to build a case against me was to catch me in the act. Am I right? So I'll just get through this, starting with you..."

"!!"

Touma was about to eliminate all the police officers who had rushed to the scene. Her right arm quickly became a strong-looking red arm. Her target was Juen's life.

"...STOOOOOOOPP!!"

Rokutani, who was the first to notice this, rushed toward Touma. From his right hand, a bundle of strong spider silk threads erupts toward Touma's right arm. However, Rokutani's attack was blocked by the magic barrier. Other policemen and androids also fired their cordless taser guns, but even the electrified bullets were bounced back by the defense.

"...YAAAAAAAHH!!"

"...Grk!"

A monstrous arm with sharp claws at its tip struck at Juen and then at Kokonoe, who was lying near his feet. Juen covered her, protecting her fainted form.

"...!!?"

At that moment, a huge arm, red and robust like a dragon, stood between Juen and Touma. It did not even flinch under Touma's attack. After Touma stopped moving, the arm shrank in size with a shrieking sound, and then withdrew back to its owner. At the end of it was a male student.