Rumored Japanese History Teacher

April 14, Night

A certain high-rise apartment in Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture

Teru had decided to join the Astronomy Club in the planning stage and immediately told Ryuji about it. As she put away the dishes in the kitchen, she talked to the owner who is summarizing documents on the PC in the living room.

"...I've decided on a club activity."

"...! Really!?"

Ryuji looked happy. After that, Teru explained to him what happened.

"To be precise, we are not yet recognized as a club, but I was approached by the Astronomy Club and I will join them. They said their planned activities are on weekends."

"...Astronomy Club, huh? So you will be looking at the starry sky on weekends?"

"Maybe..."

Teru was not particularly interested in astronomy, only joining because the club is active on weekends. The actual club activity itself was not of interest to her.

"Then..."

"...I'll make dinners for the activity days, so don't worry!"

Ryuji was about to say, "I'll cook dinner for you on the days you can't come home, so don't worry about it." However, Teru interrupted him. She always intended to do all the housework herself.

"O-okay."

Ryuji accepted her words without saying anything back. He thought that if her high school friendships grew, she would eventually ask him to share the household chores.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 15

Yokohama Hisui Gakuen High School

The next day, Kanata Yadoya, who had decided to create a new club, visited the staff room again. He informed Shingo Sanuki, the head of the school year, of his decision.

"Are you really going to create a club? Whatever, I'm not going to stop you."

"Yes, so... is there any teacher who might be willing to be our advisor?"

Yadoya had come here to ask Sanuki about the possible advisor for the new Astronomy Club. Upon receiving the question, Sanuki thought of the face of a possible candidate.

"...What about Tsukigami-sensei? As I recall, he is not currently the advisor of any club."

"T-Tsukigami-sensei?"

For a moment, Yadoya tensed. Looking at his face, Sanuki raised an eyebrow.

"Huh? What, you don't like it if it's Tsukigami-sensei?"

"...Er, no, sir. That's not like that."

Yadoya quickly corrected himself. In fact, however, he was not very fond of Tsukigami. That man is always calm and collected, and although he is very handsome, he did not put it on his nose and treated everyone kindly. Such a man, Tsukigami was highly adored not only among students but also among the faculty. However, Yadoya sensed something in his eyes that was not quite human.

Just then, Tsukigami entered the staff room.

"Oh, Tsukigami-sensei! Just in time."

Sanuki spotted him and called out to him. Tsukigami noticed and walked up to Sanuki's desk. Sanuki told him that Yadoya is starting up a new club and is looking for an advisor for it, and if possible, he would like Tsukigami to take on the job.

"...Advisor? Me?"

"Yes, what do you think?"

Having been asked by Sanuki, Tsukigami turned to Yadoya and asked him a few questions.