Crisis of the Space Battleship Fusō

September 17, 2112

Kanagawa Prefectural Police Headquarters, Yokohama

In response to the attack on the school, an investigation headquarters was set up at the Kanagawa Prefectural Police Headquarters. Since the incident involved an organization of demi-humans, personnel were dispatched from the National Police Agency.

"From the footage captured by surveillance cameras, it was determined that the man believed to be the main suspect was a person named Takuya Yumenaga. He is a demi-human belonging to a rare race, the Dreamer. The others are also all demi-humans registered as the bird humanoid and Hex races. And all of them have ceased to have activity records from the past five to six years."

A Kanagawa Prefectural Police detective presented the information. Officers from other police departments were also remotely participating in this investigative meeting.

"...Perhaps they are the Demi-Human Liberation Front. They are believed to have financial ties to the Black Dragon warlords who control Northeast China, and the Public Security Bureau and the Foreign Affairs Bureau were jointly investigating..."

A detective dispatched from the National Police Agency revealed the name of the enemy organization. At the same time, materials were distributed to the devices of all participating police officers.

The "Demi-Human Liberation Front" is a political advocacy organization that began its activities several years ago. As the name suggested, the organization was made up of a wide variety of demi-humans, and its stated mission is the liberation of the demi-human race, which has been oppressed by humankind for years. Many deposits of unknown origin have been confirmed in the virtual currency accounts of the organization members, and the organization has come to be monitored by the Public Security Bureau due to the danger of its claims.

As the meeting was proceeding, an officer barged into the conference room.

"E-excuse me! A video has just been posted on a video site that appears to be made by the criminal group! I'll connect it to the main screen now!"

The officer touched his wristwatch device and projected the video on the main screen. The video showed Takuya Yumenaga sitting with his bare face exposed, and behind him stand a group of demi-humans, male and female, who appeared to be executives.

"Hello, citizens of Japan, we are the Demi-Human Liberation Front. A quick note... we are certain that we were responsible for yesterday's attack on Yokohama Hisui Gakuen Academy. And we will be launching more activities to achieve our mission."

Yumenaga stood up and continued his words with exaggerated theatrics.

"In this world, the strong triumph over the weak, and that is why 'humanity' can become rulers by surpassing other animals by force of arms in the name of civilization. It is inevitable. But now, humans are NO LONGER the strongest. Just as humans have conquered other living creatures throughout our long history, it is absolutely justified for us to conquer humans too. Therefore, we have made a decision to make a revolution against humans based on that principle."

Yumenaga snapped at the camera and extended his hand toward the other side of the screen.

"Dear demi-human people, let's cooperate and become comrades. Especially you from the Ryūjin race... you, the strongest and most powerful of all, have succumbed to the humans and become a disgrace to our kind. If you want to wipe away this prejudice and regain your pride, take the initiative and cooperate with us. Your precious 'pet' is in our hands too. I hope you will make the right choice... Well then, everyone... see you all soon."