Ice Queen

The school drama will continue for a while.

- Bokutotsu Zen'u

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 9, 2112

Yokohama Hisui Gakuen High School, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture

A week after the entrance ceremony, the new first-year students were getting used to their new life at this high school, forming groups, et cetera, et cetera. Kanata Yadoya, a student in Class B of the first year, was one of those new students.

"I think I'm going to go with Higashizaki-san... hey, Yadoya! What do you think?"

During recess, several classmates gather at Yadoya's desk and engage in idle conversation. They were talking about who is the cutest girl in their class right now.

"I... uh..."

Yadoya was seriously worried when Izumikawa, a classmate from junior high school, asked him to talk about it. Just then, an "Ice Queen," who is secretly rumored within the school, entered the classroom. Yadoya saw her and muttered.

"I guess... Kadoma-san."

Yadoya mentioned Teru's surname. A few of the boys agreed, saying, "I see." One boy, however, who had been in the same junior high school as her, frowned at the remark.

"She's certainly a pretty girl, but... you should stay away from her. I heard rumors that she's a mistress of a yōkai."

"Yōkai?"

"A young man who always comes to pick her up. He is not human. Besides, he's an heir who drives a luxury car, you know? Maybe he's married to another person and they say Kadoma is his mistress."

The student is from the same junior high school as Teru and knows that she is an unapproachable person. However, this perception is far removed from who Teru actually is.

"...It's just a rumor, right? Could it be they are just brother and sister or something?"

"Kadoma said she is human, and I heard they have different last names, so I don't think they really have any blood ties."

"Eeehh, so she's really his mistress? I can't believe she looks so innocent."

The boys who were hanging around made disillusioned comments about Teru. Yadoya heard the conversation and felt uncomfortable, but he was at a loss to say anything because he was embarrassed to disturb them. At that moment, a voice suddenly interrupted their conversation.

"...It's uncalled for to make judgments about people because of baseless rumors."

"T-Tsukigami-sensei."

Aoi Tsukigami, a young teacher of ethics and Japanese history at the high school, was standing in front of them before they knew it. He is tall and slender, with fair skin, a light shade of hair, reddish brown eyes, and a neutral and beautiful appearance that is hard to believe for a young man... He has a reputation as one of the most handsome teachers in the school. His eyes were as sharp as those of a beast and as fantastic as those of an angel. The students shuddered even though they were just staring at him.

"...W-we're sorry, sensei."

"Hm, be careful next time."

Tsukigami nodded and returned to the podium. At the same time, the pre-bell rang. Looking around the classroom, he saw the female students giving him enthusiastic glances. Tsukigami smiled lightly at the students.

"Now... following last week's orientation, we will begin classes in earnest. The textbook begins on page 1, Chapter 1, The Age of Myths. The content of this chapter is a controversial part of the book in terms of its consistency with historical facts, and although it will not be on the university entrance exam, it does speak to the roots of this country and, so to speak, to the identity of the Japanese people..."