Yokohama Bay Entertainment City

June 5, 2112

Ryuji's home, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture

In early June, Ryuji was spending his holiday at home with Teru. While he was making a report on his PC, Teru was also working on a task assigned to her by Yadoya, the president of the club she is in.

"Teru, are you having fun in club activities?"

"Yes! Everyone is really nice to me."

The Astronomy Club is currently composed of only one girl amongst a group of males, but Yadoya and Koba treat her as a friend without hesitation. Teru was comfortable with that.

"I see, that's nice to hear," Ryuji smiled.

At that moment, an incoming call arrives on his smartwatch. Ryuji projected the virtual display into the air and checked the caller's name.

"Grandfather...!"

"...!"

The caller's name was displayed as "Enishi Hasena." It was Ryuji's grandfather, the head of Japan's largest agricultural company. He connected the call with a tense look on his face.

"...How are you, Ryuji?"

"Grandfather."

His voice sounded too young to be a grandfather. However, his tone of voice is regal, evoking a sense of spiritual maturity. The grandfather's edge immediately informed him about the reason for his call.

"A dinner hosted by Minister Hideyoshi Sakuma of the Agriculture Ministry will be held in Yokohama on June 11. Hasena Agriculture has also received an invitation. We are planning to send Yoshihisa and the others. I will ask you to attend."

"That's good to hear, but... where is the place?"

A meeting of the country's leading figures in the primary industries and their families was to be held the following Saturday. Enishi was trying to get Ryuji to attend the dinner in order to expose him to the social scene.

"...The place is Hotel E Bellissimo Notte in Yokohama Bay Entertainment City."

Yokohama Bay Entertainment City is an integrated resort, or casino resort, that opened in the 2020s. It was the first casino resort to open in Japan and has been in operation for nearly 90 years. In addition to the casino, which is the main tourism resource, there are hotels, amusement facilities, sports facilities, shopping malls, restaurants, movie theaters, and concert halls. The Olympic Games, which will be held solely in Japan, may also be held here.

"Yokohama Bay Entertainment City within six days, right?"

"Correct, I am counting on you... Ah, if you want to take that human with you, I don't mind."

"I understand. Please give my regards to Uncle Yoshihisa... Okay, then."

The call disconnected. Immediately afterward, Ryuji groaned.

"...Ryūjin-sama, the phone call just now..."

"Yeah..."

Ryuji turned on his calendar from his smartwatch and found that the calendar for June 11 was blank.

"Teru, do you have any plans for next Saturday?"

"...No, I don't have any."

Teru shook her head. Ryuji then proceeded to explain the details.

"Next Saturday, there will be a dinner party for the bureaucrats of the Agriculture Ministry and executives of agricultural companies, and my grandfather has decided to have me attend. I'd be happy if you could come with me."