The Expulsion Movement and the Witch of Mars

April 16, 2199

Mars

The 3rd City Seleno Aqua, Northern Ocean Coast

On the day of the hastily decided inspection of Seleno Aqua by the Union's Queen, government officials, police officers, and soldiers from the International Federation Space Forces were scrambling about in the city. While the Queen's Court had asserted, that they don't need to be secured by Earthlings, the Martian Administrative Agency had made security arrangements throughout Seleno Aqua in conjunction with the IFSF as a precaution. Not only government workers were anxious. At the Neo-Venetian Company, one of Seleno Aqua's top tourist guide companies famous for the female gondoliers, the "gondolieras," were hastily preparing the gondolas.

"I can't believe we're going to have aliens on board..."

"I'm so nervous...!"

At the request of the Queen's Court and with the hope of the inspection tour of Seleno Aqua by the Space Drifters Union, a water route exploration with the famous gondolas was included. Initially, the Earthlings had advised against it due to the risk of assassination, but the response came back, "Earthlings need not worry," so they proceeded as requested.

"Miss Aria, are you the one who will be taking the Queen? Isn't it dangerous...?"

"Oh dear, you're worried, aren't you? I'll be just fine."

The woman referred to as "Miss" smiled gently as she floated her gondola on the water's surface.

Gondola operations in Seleno Aqua were managed by several private companies, with the largest being the Neo-Venetian Company, which is why they were chosen by the Martian Administrative Agency.

"Now, let's go."

"...Sure!"

Guided by the gondolier known as the "Spirit of Seleno Aqua," Aria Vephana-Daidouji, the graceful spirits of the water rowed out into the Martian sea with an unprecedented sense of tension, tasked with welcoming unknown invaders.

Salva Waterfront, Seleno Aqua

At the harbor of Salva Island, one of the islands belonging to Seleno Aqua and the gateway to the open sea, members of the IF delegation, high-ranking officials from the Martian Administrative Agency, and soldiers from the IFSF had gathered. Local police were also deployed at various locations, maintaining a strict security posture.

"...Secretary-General, the representatives from the Queen's Court will arrive shortly."

"Alright."

A subordinate whispered to Murei, the Chief Administrator of Mars. A few seconds later, a small airship departed from the Queen's Court and descended toward the harbor. Operated by a completely different propulsion system from Earth's spacecraft, it landed almost silently on the pier. Finally, the Queen appeared before the people of Earth.

"...That's the Queen!"

Reporters authorized by the Administrative Agency simultaneously took photographs. Queen Riza, who didn't appear like she had been to a war zone, gracefully descended onto the Martian soil with an elegant smile. In front of the gangway, soldiers from the IFSF were lined up, forming a pathway for the Queen's entourage. Along with her, the Chairman of the Queen's Court, Lothrie and other senior officials, as well as the Royal Guard under the Queen's direct command, also appeared. Ahead of the IF guards of honor leading the procession were a line of official vehicles prepared by the Seleno Aqua City Hall, including one vehicle provided by the Queen's Court itself. For this inspection, the Queen's Court was responsible for the Queen's security. Therefore, they had prearranged the vehicles for the Queen's transportation within the city.