Coup

July 17, 2199

Earth

Tourism Hotel, Naha, Okinawa, Japanese Empire

The typhoon that had passed over the main island of Okinawa passed overnight, and the next morning, the clear blue sky, a symbol of Okinawa, could be seen. However, looking down at the hotel's parking lot, scattered debris and palm leaves blown by the violent wind covered the area, and the hotel's cleaning androids were tidying up. Unmanned cleaning vehicles were deployed in the city, collecting scattered trash and leaves from the roads. In the midst of this, the members of the Earth Inspection Group were extremely exhausted. The thunder and storm played by the typhoon all night disrupted their sleep and wore down their spirits.

"I can't wait to get back to the ship..."

"Dammit, I never thought Earth would be a harsh planet."

"Also those 'insect' things. How can the Earthlings live with those things?"

"Yesterday's 'typhoon' was the same. According to Earthlings, it seems to come to this island four to five times a year. You've got to be kidding me."

In the breakfast room on the upper floor of the hotel, four Kyrite belonging to the inspection group gathered to discuss their complaints. The ideal planet "Earth," covered with abundant greenery and water, as they had imagined, turned out to be a harsh realm with severe weather, strange cultures, unknown creatures, and unprecedented disasters. Ideal and reality were different.

"But... Her Majesty is completely fascinated by Earth. I wouldn't want to immigrate to this planet, though," a Kyrite man said and emptied a glass of mineral water poured into a glass. Lothrie, who had been listening to their conversation, furrowed his brow, holding complex emotions.

"........."

Niwatsukino, the Foreign Affairs bureaucrat leading the inspection group, stood at the entrance of the breakfast room, observing the guests. Everyone had dark circles under their eyes, and the exhaustion from the Earth visit that hadn't even reached the halfway point was evident.

"As planned..."

The members of the Earth Inspection Group were already losing their desire for Earth. This visit to Okinawa was deliberately arranged to coincide with the predicted typhoon, painting a picture of despair over the ideal Earth that the upper echelons of the Space Drifters Union harbored. The true purpose of the International Federation was to transform the ideal of Earth held by the upper echelons of the Space Drift Union into despair.

"Good morning, Mr. Niwatsukino!"

"...Good morning, Chura-san."

At that moment, Chura, a pointy-eared Lainer woman serving the Queen, appeared and gave a deep bow. The two had first met at the Queen's Court on Mars, and since then, they had developed a relationship of exchanging greetings like this.

"...The typhoon last night was quite intense. Is Her Majesty okay?"

Niwatsukino subtly inquired about the Queen's condition. How exhausted the queen was was important information for the Earth side.

"Yes, she was surprised by the typhoon last night at first, but she was deeply impressed by the natural forces generated by this planet. Shamefully, all the maids, including myself, huddled in a corner of the room, frightened..."

"...I-I see. That's good."

As Chura answered his question with a tinge of embarrassment, Niwatsukino's smile twitched a bit.

'They are visibly tired, both physically and mentally. But what surprised me is... their Queen seems to be enjoying herself.'

According to the Japanese government's plan, the members of the Earth Inspection Group were becoming exhausted due to Earth's environment. However, what took the Japanese government by surprise was that Queen Riza, their leader, was unexpectedly enjoying Earth. She even found joy in yesterday's typhoon as a mystery of nature. At this rate, their plan to prevent their migration to Earth might fail. Niwatsukino was alarmed.