Enchanting Songstress

April 28, 2112

Yokohama

Suzumi Higashizaki, who belongs to the same Class 1B as Teru and Yadoya, is a girl who belongs to a group that occupies the top caste, so to speak, among girls. Like Koba of the astronomy club, she is also a demi-human, a Lorelei descendant.

Lorelei is a spirit that appears in German folklore and is said to seduce sailors and fishermen with its songs and drown them at the bottom of the water. It is sometimes confused or identified with the Sirens, who share similar characteristics. In the world of Terralus, the Lorelei were physically characterized by elf-like pointed ears, bird-like wings, and scaly skin on their feet. Thus, because they are distinguished from humans by their appearance, they do not hide their true identities like Koba and Tsukigami.

"Hey, Suzumi? Can Suzumi's power really make that Tsukigami-sensei a slave to your will?"

"Of course, human male has no way to resist my singing."

On her way to school, Higashizaki proudly answered one of her cronies' questions. As the world was about to enter the Golden Week, the girls were making a crazy plan.

Same day

Yokohama Hisui Gakuen High School

During an astronomical observation five days earlier, Yadoya was lucky enough to photograph the Lyrid Meteor Shower. He then posted a record of his activity, along with a photograph of the meteor shower, on the school's website. The photo of the night sky with the streak of meteors was very well received by the teachers, and the memorable first activity was a success.

".........♪"

During the lunch break between the fourth and fifth periods, Yadoya was in a good mood at the computer, working on the department's newsletter. From a desktop the size of a pencil case, a virtual display was projected in the air and a keyboard was on the table.

"...How about this, Kadoma-san?"

Beside him, Teru, the nominal vice-president, had an astronomical illustrated book open. Teru closed it mid-sentence and checked the school's publicity paper prepared by Yadoya.

"...Yes, I think it's good. You write an easy-to-read text."

"Ah! Haha, thanks."

Yadoya is embarrassed by the praise. Teru then opened the astronomical illustrated book again and began to read the rest of the book absorbedly. Yadoya was happy that she had begun to take an interest in astronomy.

The Japanese government, which had acquired the flying battleship Fusō, a relic from the far future brought back from the other world, Terralus, was using the technological power of the 28th century condensed in it to advance into space with ease. This is being conducted as a national project, and has now reached the point of establishing a base on the surface of Mars. In particular, the year 2086, when the settlement of ordinary civilians on the Moon began, was a memorable year that was heralded as the dawn of the Space Frontier Era, and the first group of 300 settlers left for the Moon on the day that was designated as a "Space Day," a national holiday.

"........."

Teru, who was looking at the illustrated book, had a somewhat soft expression, unlike her usual bland expression described as Ice Queen. And it was the same expression she has when she calls the person she calls Ryūjin-sama.

'...Ryūjin, must be a Ryūjin group, the strongest demi-human range. What kind of involvement do you have with those guys?'

Yadoya overheard Teru's phone calls several times. In those conversations, he had noticed that she had uttered the word "Ryūjin-sama" many times. He had heard from a classmate who had been in junior high school with her that she lived with a wealthy man. Perhaps it refers to the handsome man in the luxury car. So, does this mean that he is that Ryūjin?