Chapter 1

The Hard Deck was Katie's go to place when she was at Top Gun. Every Friday night, Katie and her classmates would go and casually drink together. Rooster and Katie always ended up crashing on each other's couches.

Katie stood outside of the Hard Deck, her burgundy jeep glistening in sunlight. She smiled at the bar. All the happy memories flooding back through her mind. She changed out of her uniform, because she wanted to be comfortable before she had to be back in uniform tomorrow morning.

She walked into the bar...it felt like home.

"Katie!! You're back!" Penny smiled excitedly.

"Penny!!" She leaned over the counter and gave her a hug.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" Penny smiled.

"Just a beer!" Katie smiled back.

"On the house, Kate." Penny smiled warmly.

"Awww thank you, Pen." Katie laughed.

Katie turned around and tilted her head. She saw a very familiar face playing pool in the back.

"Hangman!" She shouted out.

Hangman's head shot up like a dart. Katie and Hangman dated during Top Gun, but it was very brief.

"Blaze! Long time no see!" He flashed his smiled.

"I could say the same." She chuckled.

"How've you been, tiger." He smirked at her.

"I've been good, Jake. How've you been?" She asked.

"I've been great...as usual." He acted as cocky as usual.

"You haven't changed at all, Hangman." She shook her head with a smile.

"Neither have you, Sweetheart." He chuckled.

Katie introduced herself to Coyote, Payback, Bob, and Fanboy. Phoenix and Katie were good friends at Top Gun. When she showed up, they gave each other the biggest hug. They were all laughing and playing pool when Hangman looked up and smiled.

"Well look who it is! Bradshaw!" Hangman shouted as Rooster strutted through the bar.

Katie's heart stopped. She hasn't seen him in almost 4 years. She felt a rush of wind come up behind her.

"Is that you, Blackwood?" He smiled down at her.

Katie turned around and smiled.

"Take those glasses off, Bradshaw and let me see ya." She laughed.

He smiled and took off his aviators and smiled.

"Bradley!" She gave him the biggest hug.

She felt at home being near him. For some reason, she always felt a sense of peace and comfort around him. His scent as she hugged him filled her nose. It was almost heavenly.

"You cut your hair. Looks good, Blaze." He rubbed her arms.

"Thanks, Rooster. You look good." She took a sip of her beer.

"So do you, Kat." He smiled as he went to go say hello to the rest of them.

Hangman and Rooster had their moment, but it quickly ended when they saw more and more naval aviators popping up.

"What the hell?" Phoenix asked confused.

"I'm just as confused as you, Phoenix." Katie tilted her head.

They all watched the pods of pilots come through the room. She could see Bradley staring at her out of the corner of her eye. She looked over at him and smiled. She looked over at the piano and nodded him over to it...knowing he could put on a good show. He smirked and nodded his head. He unplugged the jukebox and did his thing.

Phoenix and Katie leaned on both sides of the piano and helped sing the song. Soon, the entire bar was fired up singing "Great Balls of Fire" by Jerry Lee Lewis. Katie watched Bradley sing, and it made her so happy.

Katie always had a small crush on Bradley since they met, but they never attempted anything. Everyone thought they were together. But seeing him today, after seeing him again for the first time in almost four years...something in her changed. And she's pretty sure she could feel something in him change too.