Epilogue

4 Years Later...

"Charlie Nicholas Bradshaw, you get back here right now!" Bradley yelled as little Charlie ran around the beach giggling.

Katie, Bradley, Maverick, and Penny were at the Hard Deck with the rest of the group for the 4 year anniversary of their mission. They all moved into their homes that they stayed in when they went back to Top Gun, and stayed there whenever they weren't deployed somewhere else.

"Where did Rooster go?" Nat asked Katie as they sat at the tables outside.

"Him and Charlie were playing tag...I guess it was Charlie's turn to get caught." Katie chuckled and put her hand on her stomach.

"When is she due?" Nat nodded to Katie's growing belly.

"I still got about three months left. She's so active it's not even funny. What about you?" She asked.

"Ohhhh I'm a little behind you. I have maybe four months left. Coyote is hoping for a girl, but I really think it's a boy." Nat chuckled.

"I'm still shocked at that pairing. You and Coyote." Katie chuckled.

"Oh so am I, but I wouldn't have it any other way." Nat smiled over to Coyote who was with Jake and girlfriend.

Katie could see how happy everyone was. Jake and his girlfriend, Phoenix and Coyote, and her dad and Penny. She saw Brad walking up to them with Charlie on his shoulders giggling away. It made her heart so warm knowing that was her family.

"I'm gonna go over by Coyote and Hangman...I'll talk to ya later." Nat hugged Katie and walked off.

"How are my girls?" Brad asked Katie.

"We're good here! How are my boys?" She stood and looked up at her son.

"Hmmm I don't know...how are we, Charlie?" Brad asked his son.

"Great, daddy!!" He said very excitedly.

"We're great, Katie." Brad smiled and kissed her.

Katie could not believe that this was her life. Her family. This was her family. She looked over and saw Nat resting her head in Coyote's shoulder. Jake was with his girlfriend whom Katie adored. Fanboy, Payback and Bob were all having beers together. Her dad is with Penny and Amelia. She saw her dad smile over at her and begin to walk over.

"I'll be back in a few, honey. Charlie has to use the restroom." Bradley kissed her again.

"Hey, kid." Maverick smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"Hey, dad." She hugged him.

"I can see that look in your eyes. You're looking at everything in awe." He smiled at her.

"I just can't believe this is my life. I have you, Brad, all of them, Charlie, and now this little one. Back when we went on this mission I thought I lost you and Brad...and now I have everything I could ever ask for." She smiled at her dad as he sat next to her.

"So I can gather that you're happy then?" He asked.

"I've never been happier, Dad. But look at you! You got a family as a result of all this." She smiled at her father.

"At first, I didn't have anything. And then I found you. And then I found Penny and Bradley again. Now I have a grandson and a granddaughter on the way. And now I have Amelia too. I don't deserve any of this." He looked at her.

"Neither do I." She chuckled lightly.

"If anyone deserves this more than anyone...it's you, Katie. You deserve and endless lifetime of this." Maverick looked at her.

"Thank you, Dad. I love you so much." She stood up and hugged him.

"Grandpa!!" Charlie came running at Maverick.

Katie laughed as Maverick flew Charlie up in the air, causing him to laugh very loudly.

"Sorry, Mav. I couldn't stop him soon enough." Bradley chuckled.

"It's totally alright, son." He chuckled.

Bradley looked at him for a few moments and pulled him into a hug. Katie smiled at the two hugging, and then made her way over to Jake. His girlfriend had left to go get more drinks, and talk to the others. Jake was sitting on a stool outside staring at the ocean.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Katie sat herself down next to him.

"How everything worked itself out perfectly. With us, you and Bradley, the mission, and your dad. Everything worked out exactly how it was supposed to." He smiled.

"You're my best friend, Jake. You and Nat are some of the most important people in my life. I love you so much." Katie looked at him.

"I love you too, Tiger. You and Brad are my family. Charlie too. And this little one." He chuckled and put a hand on her stomach. They both laughed when the baby kicked.

"Well she either likes you or hates you." She cackled.

"Oh she'll love me. Charlie did, so I'm convinced she will too." Hangman laughed.

"You seem happy with her." Katie nodded over to his girlfriend.

"She's probably the longest relationship I've been in. Wanna hear a little secret?" He asked.

"When do I not?" She chuckled.

"I'm gonna ask her to marry me. She's it, Kate. I just know it. And I think she knows too." He told her.

"Oh my god, shut up! That's so great! That makes me so happy!" She pulled him in for a hug.

"Just like how you knew with Bradshaw." He smiled at her.

"When are you gonna do it?" She asked.

"Within the next few weeks. I have everything planned. I'm waiting til just after our 3 year anniversary." He explained.

"That's so exciting!" She exclaimed.

They all ended up having a small dinner at the bar, and then Bradley and Katie left a little early, because Charlie had fallen asleep in Katie's arms. Bradley carried Charlie to the car, and put him in his car seat while Katie watched from the front seat. She stared at him as he got in the Bronco and buckled himself in

"What?" He chuckled lightly.

"I'm so happy, Bradley. I love you so much. I love the life we made together. I would never trade this for anything in the world." She looked at him lovingly.

"You are my life. You mean everything to me, Katie. Charlie and our daughter mean the world to me. I couldn't imagine my life any different than how it is now. I've wanted this for so long you have no idea." He kissed her deeply.

Katie and Bradley went home and put their son to bed. After he was tucked in, they went to their room and threw on a movie. Bradley rested his hand on her stomach. He could feel his daughter kicking. Katie could tell she was eager to get out and meet her family. Katie and Bradley loved their little content life. Bradley and Katie ended up being stationed where the Top Gun school is. More than likely after their daughter is born, Bradley is gonna probably get called somewhere for a little while.

This was the life Katie always dreamt for herself. She knows her mom would've been so proud of her. She would have loved Charlie. Especially since we got his name from her callsign. Bradley's parents would've been so proud of him too. Knowing he repaired his relationship with Maverick, and got to be the pilot he always wanted.

This was their life. They both couldn't believe that a three week mission would've brought them back together, but they were so glad it did. They would've taken longer to find their way back to each other if the mission never happened. They also wouldn't have made this family with all the other pilots...and Katie would've never found her father. Everything worked out exactly the way it was supposed to. Katie knew that when Jake said that, he was right. Everything they went through led to this moment. And Katie and Bradley are forever grateful for They're also grateful for the fact that they get to grow old, and spend the rest of their lives together...just like they always figured they would.