Chapter 26

Days until mission launch: 2

Katie kept it to herself that she was pregnant. The only one who knew was Phoenix. Katie called the doctor's office, making an appointment for today after training. She had to know how the baby was before going on this mission. She had Natasha come with her, just so she wasn't alone.

She kept thinking of the right times to tell Brad and Mav, but they're both so focused on the mission, she didn't want to distract them.

Training went by fairly fast. Everyone was doing well with progressing on the course. Hangman was as narcissistic as usual. Katie told Brad that she would be at his place by dinner. Luckily they got out earlier enough for Katie to make her appointment. Phoenix held her hand the whole time.

"Alright Miss Blackwood let's take a room here?" The doctor smiled as he started doing the ultrasound.

He doctor searched around for a minute before finding the tiniest little bean on the camera. It was still far too early to see anything yet, but you can see the embryo starting to form.

"There is your baby." The doctor smiled.

Katie stared at the screen in awe. There was a baby inside her. She was going to have a baby. She was going to have Bradley's baby. Katie smiled at it so brightly. She didn't realize she was crying until Natasha asked if she was okay.

"I'm okay. I'm okay. I just love it so much already." Katie smiled. Her heart was so warm.

"How far along is she?" Natasha asked.

"Ohhhh I would say probably about 2 - 21/2 weeks. It's still very early to see very much of anything, but you are definitely pregnant, Miss Blackwood. Congratulations." He smiled at Katie.

"Thank you." She wiped her tears.

"Is there a father involved at all?" He asked for precautionary measures.

"Uh yeah there is. I just haven't told him yet." She smiled as she thought of Rooster.

"Well I will print this off for you for keepsake, and so you can show him when you do decide to tell him." He smiled.

"Thank you very much." Her and Nat smiled as he left the room.

"Wow." Katie was still smiling at the screen.

"You're having a baby, Kat. A literal baby." Nat rubbed her shoulders.

"Nat, I want you to be the godmother. I can't think of anyone else being my baby's godmother than you." She looked up at Natasha. Her eyes were watering.

"Of course!" She cried as she hugged Katie.

"I'm gonna tell Hangman that I want him to be the godfather." Katie told Nat.

"Not Hangman!" Nat laughed.

"Hey he broke up with me because he knew I was secretly in love with Brad and I didn't even have to tell him. He did that 4 years ago, and I just NOW got with Bradley. Him and I have been close since then. He's like a brother to me now." She explained.

"Okay fair enough fair enough. As long as he's not a baby hog." Nat pointed a finger at her, causing Katie to laugh.

The doctor came back, handed her the ultrasound picture. Katie stared at it and smiled.

"When are you gonna tell, Rooster?" Phoenix asked.

"Oh I'm so excited to tell him. I wanna tell him tonight. We're leaving in two days. I don't want him flying without knowing thats he's gonna be a father." She told Natasha.

She got dressed drove home. She changed into some sweats before driving over to Rooster's. She saw him out working on his Bronco. He wasn't wearing a shirt...just some old jeans that were all dirtied up from the grease. She stopped and stared in awe. He was so hot. And she couldn't believe that was all hers. And she was having a baby with a man that attractive.

"Do you like what you see, Sweetheart?" He flirted as he looked up from his car.

"Oh I do. I like it a lot." She smirked.

"Well I could stop. Do something a little more entertaining?" He suggested.

"You need a shower first." She lightly pushed his sweaty chest. He took her hand and kissed her palm.

"Fine fine fine." He wipes his hands off and closes the hood of his car. He puts the tools in his garage and goes inside to take a shower.

She wanted him so bad in that moment. So she went to join him.

"Hey what are ya doing?" He asked as she came into the shower.

"I wanted to be with you." She said simply. He smiled.

They stared into each other's eyes and kissed each other deeply. They did their thing, leaving both extremely tired. As Katie washed her hair, Bradley placed soft kisses on the back of her neck and shoulders.

"I love you." He said to her.

"Don't ever leave me, Bradley." She turned to look at him.

"I wouldn't ever dream of it." He kissed her deeply again.

After they both got out of the shower, they both looked at each other in the eyes. They were so in love with each other. They couldn't voice it out enough. She ran into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist. She ran at him with such energy it knocked them onto his bed. This round was much different than their time in the shower. This was more lustful, more hungry, like it was the last time they would ever do something like this.

After that round, they laid in bed together...laughing over everything they just did.

"Well. It's safe to say that was the best sex I've ever had." Rooster laughed.

"Oh shut up." Katie cackled, holding the blanket over  bare body.

"I'm literally mind blown." He looked at her laughing.

"Didn't realize I was that good." She turned towards him and laughed.

She kissed him again, and he pulled her into a hug.

"Please. Not another round. I don't know if I can take it." He pleaded jokingly.

"No no. Not today. Maybe tomorrow." She teased.

"Oh no." He acted scared.

"Fine. Fine fine fine. Maybe not tomorrow. Maybe never again." She acted hurt and turned away from him.

"Hey now. Don't act like that." Rooster curled up behind her, resting his hand over her stomach and kissing the crook of her neck.

"No no. I'm so very hurt." She acted sad.

"Hey hey hey. You're it for me. After this mission...it's just you and me." He said as she turned to face him, his hand resting on her stomach.

She looked down at his hand, it gave her chills. He still had zero clue that there was a baby inside her. She was going to tell him tonight, but there was a change of plan. She didn't want to ruin their moment, so she kept it to herself. She had to tell him tomorrow. She had to or she may never get the chance again.