Chapter 4

Katie's POV:

I had everything I needed for my Alfredo. Bradley was in the shower while I cooked. I went into my little wine cabinet, and pulled out my favorite Moscato. I had it chilling in the fridge, while I cooked. I loved this little house. I had bought it with part of the inheritance money from my mother. I also bought my little condo in Key West with the inheritance money as well. God, how I missed Key West. I missed it so much, but there was a certain homey feel about San Diego. 

When Rooster came down from his shower, he was in sweats and a black tank top. I was finishing up dinner when I heard him speak.

"Did you get more vinyls? Jesus, it's like you have one of every album ever made, Kat." He chuckled, looking at my bookcase of vinyls. 

"I brought my favorites and some new ones with me from The Keys. Leave my music addiction alone, Bradshaw." I chuckled. 

"Okay...okay. You win." He put his hands up in surrender.

"That's what I thought." I chuckled at him. 

My kitchen was very small. I felt him squeeze by me to get to the fridge. He put his hands on my waist, signaling to me that he was going behind me. My body froze as his large hands were all of a sudden very gently on my sides. Gave me goosebumps if I'm being really honest. 

"Shut up." Rooster said as he looked in my fridge. He pulled out the Moscato that I had chilling in my fridge.

"Hey! That's for dinner, goofball!" I swatted at him with my wooden spoon. 

"You have the moscato we drank on our dinner nights!" Rooster held the bottle next to his face with a huge smile on his face.

"I always have that wine, dumbass! I literally don't drink anything besides that, beer, and some vodka." I cackled.

"We're cracking this bad boy open." He smiled and whipped out two glasses. 

"You're lucky dinner is done. How does this taste?" I picked up my spoon with some sauce on it for him to try. I held my hand under the spoon so he wouldn't make a mess. 

"Oh. My. God. Is there a reason you didn't become a chef? That is so good. I swear it gets better every time." He chuckled as I let him lick the spoon.

"I take it that it's good then?" I laughed.

"You're  fattening me up for the kill I just know it." He laughed as he washed off the spoon and put it in the dishwasher.

"Get us the wine, and I'll get the food." I playfully rolled my eyes and got two bowls out. 

"Yes Ma'am." He saluted.

"Oh stop it!" I laughed.

We both sat on the couch and turned on a movie to create some noise. I told him everything about Florida. I told him how much I knew he would love it down where I am. I told him about boyfriends I've had, and how none of them ever lasted. Rooster told me about the girlfriends that never lasted as well, and about Texas. I've never been to Texas, but Rooster said that I have to come stay with him at some point. I wouldn't ever be opposed to doing that, I just need to figure out a time where I can take some leave. I missed doing this with him. Having dinner nights on a day we got out of training at a decent time. We would eat food I would make, watch television, and just talked the whole time. I just loved being around him so much. We were around each other almost all hours of the day, every day, for 4 years...then we both get sent off to different places. I had missed him so much.

"Hey what's wrong, Kat? Why are you crying?" He put his bowl on my coffee table and came closer to me. By then I had just realized I was crying.

"I just missed you so much, Bradley." I smiled through my tears.

"Heyyy it's okay, Katie. I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere. I missed you a lot too." He pulled me into a hug. 

I buried my face into his neck, smiling through my tears. He rubbed circles in my back as I attempted to calm down. I wanted to stay in that moment forever. He always held me whenever I was upset. He was always there for everything. 

"I'm sorry. I must've gotten overwhelmed with everything." I chuckled as I wiped my last tears away. 

"You never have to be sorry with me, Kat. I missed you too, but I'm not planning on going anywhere. We all get a few weeks of leave after this mission. I plan on being with you the whole time." His words were comforting.

We talked for hours into the very early morning. The sun was starting to rise, by the time we were even remotely close to being done talking. We had to be on base in an hour, and we weren't even tired. That whole night really made my feelings pick what they wanted. I always had a crush on Bradley, but now I am pretty sure I was full on falling in love with him.