Bonus Chapter 2

2 years after the mission:

Parenting Charlie was fairly easy. In the difficult times, it made Bradley and Katie closer....even through the fights that came along with it. The time it got really difficult was when Charlie had just turned 1 and Bradley got deployed to South Africa for 13 months. Even though Katie had her dad, Penny, and whichever members of their little group was home at the time...she felt like a part of her was missing with Bradley being so far away. To keep herself busy at work, she became a Top Gun instructor, just like her mom. Maverick seeing her as an instructor reminded him a lot of her mom, and how much she looked like her.

Once Bradley was finally home, he had another mission on his schedule. He was going to propose to Katie. While in South Africa, he knew he wanted to propose as soon as he got back. He always knew, since before Charlie, that he wanted to marry her. He just wanted to make it official now.

"I've been in love with her a very long time, Mav. Never in my life did I ever think I would be where I am right now. I thought so many years ago that I never was gonna get my dream girl, and now I have her...and I have a son with her. She is my girl. She's always going to be my girl. I want to marry her, have a family with her, and grow old with her. You are her father, and you're like a father to me...and I wish to ask you if you would give me your blessing, Mav." Bradley told him as they sat at the bar in the Hard Deck for the first time since he came home.

"Bradley, you have always been like a son to me. I have considered you family since you were born. I can see how much you love Kat and Charlie. You're a great father and boyfriend to her, and will be an even greater husband. I would be more than happy to give you my blessing." Maverick smiled at him.

"Thank you, Pete. It means everything to me." Rooster stood and hugged his soon to be father-in-law.

"I think now I can give you the right of passage to call me 'dad'." Maverick chuckled.

"I guess you're right." Bradley laughed.

"Your parents would be so proud of you." Maverick told him.

"I know. They would be proud of you too." Bradley looked at him and smiled.

"Thank you, Bradley. Now go propose." Maverick chuckled at him.

"Can you watch Charlie for a few days?" He asked.

"Of course! Pen and I will take great care of him!" Maverick smiled.

"I'll bring him and his things over when we leave in a couple days." Rooster smiled and went home.

Once Bradley got home, he told Katie to pack a bag for a couple days. He already had everything planned, he just needed to talk to Maverick first. He knew he was going to say yes, he just didn't want to propose without him knowing. Charlie stayed with his grandpa and Penny while Katie and Bradley traveled to Catalina Island. It's a small island off of Los Angeles. Bradley had gone there on a vacation with some Navy buddies a few years ago, and there was a small hotel on the coast that he's wanted to take Katie to since they officially got together.

"Here go out there a few feet...I wanna take a picture so Pete and Penny can show Charlie." Bradley told her.

She nodded and went out about five feet. As she was walking away, Bradley got down on one knee. She turned around and saw him with a huge smile on his face.

"Brad...what are you doing?" She asked, her eyes watering.

"I have been in love with you for so long, Katie. I felt so stupid for not telling you sooner, but this could not have gone more perfectly. Never in my life did I expect to ever be able to call you my girlfriend, let alone be able to say that you're the mother of my son. When I came back from South Africa, I knew I couldn't wait any longer. I want to have more children with you. I want to grow old with you. I want to call you my wife, Katie. You are my forever, and I want to ask you if you will marry me?" He told her.

She stood there with a huge smile on her face, shedding a few tears in the process. She knelt down to his level, and held out her hand. He smiled and slipped the ring on. Her ring was a silver band with a decently sized Emerald in the middle and it was surrounded by tiny little diamonds. Emeralds are Katie's favorite stones, so Bradley had it custom made for her.

"It's beautiful, Bradley. It is the perfect ring, thank you so much. I love you so much. We're going to spend forever together." Katie held his face and kissed him deeply.

Bradley took a picture of Katie's hand, and sent it to everyone they knew. Now all they had to do is plan a wedding.

6 months later:

Today is the day. Katie and Bradley were finally going to get married. They didn't want to wait much longer after getting engaged to get married. They knew they were it for each other. They were each other's forever...soulmates in other words. They had a very small ceremony. It was the whole group, whoever they decided to bring, plus some other co-workers. Bradley cried as she walked down the aisle. Maverick walked her down the aisle, while Charlie was the ring bearer. Amelia helped him in case he had a little trouble walking since he was still a little new at it. They didn't have any bridesmaids or groomsmen...it was just them.

"Do you, Katie "Blaze" Blackwood, take Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw, as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, 'til death do you part?" The officiant asked her.

Katie turned to look at Bradley. She could stare at him every minute of every day for the rest of her life. She gave him a very big smile and then looked back at the officiant.

"I do." She smiled with her eyes watering.

"Do you, Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw, take Katie "Blaze" Blackwood, as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, 'til death do you part?" The officiant asked him.

He looked at Charlie, who was sitting in Maverick's lap, then back at Katie and smiled.

"I do." He smiled.

"Well then, by the power invested in me in the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You can kiss her now." The officiant chuckled.

They smiled and looked at each other. Bradley wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into him. He dipped her backwards and held her as he kissed her deeply. She laughed into their kiss, but wrapped her arms around his neck. All the cheering that was going on as they kissed was muffled out by them kissing. That was all they could focus on. They could only focus on each other in that moment. Once they pulled away, they looked into each other's eyes.

"I love you." Katie told him.

"I love you too. Let's go, my love." He smiled and nodded down the aisle.

They both waved at Charlie before starting their run down the aisle. Their hands gripped each others so tightly, it was almost as if they let go the other would float away. They were already so in love, but somehow, they even more in love than they already were. And that feeling put them both on such a euphoric high, they both felt unstoppable.