Chapter 21: To Forgive is Divine

[HARVEY]

I cannot believe I'm going to "try" to apologize to Olette again. I actually had no problem with Rienna's idea. Old-fashioned as it may be, it was something I could do comfortably and do WELL. Do really well, actually. And I have a feeling, Olette's going to like it to... well, if she decides to forgive me then she'll enjoy it... if not... well, I'll leave that to your imagination.

 I'm wondering what would happen if she still didn't forgive me. I mean, I KNOW what I would do if she forgave me. I'd jump and shout "YES!" as if I had just won the lottery... and I would seriously swear to myself not to do any "acting" outside the big stage.

Right now, I'm at the back stage of the auditorium of NYU, practicing what I was about to do. The plan was that Rienna would convince Olette to come here and talk to me. To give me another chance to apologize. If she still doesn't want to forgive me, Fine. But she should at least give me the benefit of doubt and let me explain myself.

So I was preparing to face her when Luke suddenly came running in.

"Dude, she's seriously one stubborn woman."

At that, I narrowed my eyes, got up, and with a guitar on my hand, we ran out of the auditorium.

------

When we got to the library, we saw Rienna and Olette arguing. They didn't notice us yet.

"Why can't you just give him a chance to make things right with you?"

"Rienna, I don't want to. I've already made up my mind. I already gave him a second chance. I even told him my big secret! What more do you want me to give him?"

"Forgiveness!"

"I won't! Your my best friend, Rienna. Who's side are you on?"

"The right side!"

"That's not answering the question."

"Olette, please..."

"Shhh!" the librarian chastened the two girls.

And then I decided to intervene. I coughed fakely to get their attention.

They turned and finally noticed Luke and I.

Rienna smiled, "Luke... Harvey!"

And of course, Olette glared (Ah, what would she be without the glare...)

"Bye." she said and was about to leave. She turned and started to walk away.

"Olette!" Rienna called.

I sighed and then got the guitar, positioned to play, and then began strumming a familiar song I thought Olette would recognize.

"Everywhere I turn I hurt someone,

And there's nothing I can say to change the things I've done"

The song was from a Disney film, about a bear I think. I'm actually not a huge fan of Disney, maybe I watched a couple back when I was younger, but I never stayed a fan. But according to Rienna, Olette was secretly still IN to the stuff. So I decided... why not sing a song from Disney? That might soften her up...

And I think it did.

She stopped on her heels as she heard the sound of my voice. And obviously, that's a good sign. So I continued.

"Of all the things I hid from you, I cannot hide the shame

And I pray someone something will come to take away the pain