Chapter 25: Sweet Yes

[LUKE]

We pulled away when Trever kept on barking and pulling on the end of my jeans. I locked my eyes with hers and smiled gently. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes were bright. Reaching out, I caressed her face and she comfortably leaned on my palm, but she was giving me this smug smile and accusing eyes.

"Taking advantage of an emotional situation... very impressive." she says in heavy sarcasm.

I laughed, "In my defense, your honor, you kissed back."

"Oh, so how do you plead, attorney?"

I eyed her and pulled her closer, "Guilty as charged, your honor... Bring in the shackles, I'm your prisoner."

She laughed and oh, how I loved it. As if she didn't just hear the story of my past... As if it doesn't even matter to her.

"Luke... you do KNOW that the only one permitted to kiss me is my BOYFRIEND right?" she points out, taking in a serious tone.

I gulped, nervous all of the sudden. "Yeah... I know..."

"And you do know that I promised myself I wouldn't kiss a boy unless he was finished with the whole courtship phase, right? Unless... I finally said yes to him, right?"

I just nodded, unsure on where she was going with this.

"Yet... you still kissed me..."

I didn't know how to respond to that.

"But then again... I kissed back..." she says.

I raised a brow as she gave me a mischievous smile. I became wary, "Yes... you did...? So..."

"So..." she says as she reached over and placed her hands on my shoulders, "Well... I can't break my promise, can I?"

I just stared at her, looking confused.

"I guess, you know what this means... boyfriend." she says finally.

It took my only a second to finally get what she was saying.

I widened my eyes upon realization, "Se...seriously?!"

She laughs and then nodded, "Finally got it, huh, boyfriend?"

This... this is unreal. This morning I was stressing and anxious knowing that tonight would be the night that I would tell her the secret about my past. I was preparing myself for the worst case scenario. I was trying to convince myself to be strong no matter what she might think of me after I told her.

Boy, expectations sure went down the drain. Not only did she still love me for who I am now... BUT SHE ACTUALLY MADE ME HER...

"Rienna!!!" I embraced her tightly just then and we ended up falling of her bed.

"Woah!?!" she got caught off guard, "Ouch!!" she says as we landed hard on the floor but then she started laughing, "I didn't expect that kind of reaction from you, oh-so-formal attorney."

"Forget the formalities!" I remarked, sitting up yet still hugging her waist, "You just gave me the best news of the night!"

"Oh, I did? When?" she teased playfully.

I narrowed my eyes but smiled smugly, "Very funny." I say then I lifted her chin, "Come here, you..."

She closed her eyes and leaned closer.

But before our lips could meet once again...

"AHEM!"

We pulled away instinctively and she immediately got up on her feet, "SIR SAMUELS!!!"

I widened my eyes and paled as I got up too.

We were not both standing stiffly beside each other as Sir Samuels gave us this really really stern and intimidating look.

"We were..." Rienna tried to say.

"It's not what you think, sir... We.." I trailed off, unsure of what excuse to give him.

Just then, he sighed and rolled his eyes at us, "The youth hasn't changed one bit." he says, then he turned around and called us out, "Come here."

Anxiously, we followed and we gave each other worried looks.

Oh boy... Will this change her mind, I wonder.

------

"Wha... what?"

"I repeat, young lady.... Get dressed and make yourself decently presentable." Sir Samuels says and then he eyed me, "And YOU... Well, you better take her some place nice and DECENT too, young man. Bring her back by nine, do I make myself clear?"

"Um, yes sir." Though in truth, he wasn't making any sense to me.

"Sir...? What... are you talking about?"

Thank you, Rienna, for asking that.

Sir Samuels rolled his eyes and said, "WELL! And here I thought I was speaking the youth's language. Isn't it just normal for two couples do go out on a date once they decided to go... ah, wha's the term you kids use these days... 'steady'??"

I glanced at Rienna, still confused but she looked like she finally understood. She widened her  eyes and smiles, "OH! THANK YOU SIR SAMUELS!!!" she went to him and threw her arms around the old man. "Thank you so much!!"

And for once, since I first met the old man, he had this gentle look in his eyes and smiled.

WOAH! SMILED!??

"You're very welcome, child. Now hurry... Men are expected to wait on their ladies, but ladies shouldn't over do it now."

Rienna pulled away and nodded, "Yes sir!" then she turned to me, all red and happy, "Wait here, Luke!" then she dashed to her room.

"Um, okay." was all I could say.

So... we're going on a date? I smiled brightly, thinking that nothing could ever ruin this night for me.

Just then, a hand was placed on my shoulder. I turned and saw Sir Samuels... I paled.

Okay... maybe not.

"Son..." he sighed, "Please, take care of her and bring her home safely. You hear me?"

I nodded, "Yes sir."

"Very good." then he was about to walk away.

I sighed in relief.

Just then, "She's a special lady, that one... A keeper... Don't make her regret choosing you."

I looked at him but his back was faced to me, and then I smiled, "I understand sir... I don't plan on hurting her."

"No one plans that.... but like accidents... it just happens."

I made a look and wondered what made him say that. Before I could ask though, he was already making his way to the kitchen.

------

Several minutes later, Rienna stepped out of her room, looking really beautiful on a deep blue dress and black high heels.

I was blushing as she hook her arm excitedly around mine, "I'm ready!"

I smiled and then I reached over to tuck a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "Me too."

Sir Samuels saw us off and we made our way to the elevator...

And right beside me was Rienna Fuentes... officially my girlfriend.