Chapter 12: Hope again? (Part two)

[OLETTE]

"Hi Harvey, this is Olette. Yeah, I know it's weird that I'm texting you but listen, can we meet up around 9AM today? My class starts at 10:30AM and I want to... get something off my chest before that. So yeah... see you later."

Why am I nervous? I shouldn't be nervous! After all, this was my idea, I better stick to it and I'm not going to be a chicken and back out. I've never felt so sure... so strong in my life. I have a feeling that I'm going to do something right for a change... something completely for myself. Not for my mom, not for my dad, or anyone else. This is something I really want. And I'm not turning back now. No.

I'm going to start dating again. And not just date anyone... Harvey. He's the only guy I'm interested now in dating. No one comes close. Luke... well, I was never really interested in him. I've realized that I only wanted to date him because he was a Law Student and my dad would definitely approve of him. So dating Luke would not be for my own interest but for, once again, my dad's interest. And I'm not going to do that. No way.

As I inched closer to our meeting place-- the canteen in NYU, I already saw that Harvey was already there. Nursing a cup of coffee.

He turned to me and smiled, waving already.

I blushed and I knew that that was a good sign. It means that my decision was a good one.

"Yo, Olette. Good morning. Hahaha." he greeted.

I smiled, "Hi Harv, good morning."

He blinked, surprised. "Wo--woah! Wait a second... you CAN smile?"

I smiled at that more, "Of course I can smile. I'm human too you know." I giggled at that. Geez, I feel like a little girl again.

"Wo..WOW! You CAN laugh too? Okay that's it! Who are you and what have you done to the real Olette?!" he says dramatically.

I laughed again. Wow, Harvey... even after rejecting your offer twice last night, you still treat me the same way you always had. I should really appreciate him more.

He laughs now too, "Seriously Olette, what's wrong? You never texted me before, and when you finally do, you want us to meet early before your class starts where in you usually go to the library to do some advance reading."

I blushed, "You noticed that of me?" I was surprised to hear that actually.

He bit his lip, "Well... heh, yeah. I did." he admitted, "And also... you never offer me a smile or share a laugh with me. Something's definitely up."

"Yeah... well, to be honest... there's something really important I have to tell you."

"Oh really? And what's it about?"

"Well... about... about us actually."

At that he widened his eyes, "U--us? You mean.... you and me?"

I laughed nervously, "Yeah... that is the definition of 'us' right? The speaker and the recipient?"

He gulped, "O--okay. What about... you and me?"

"Well... I've been thinking... about dating... maybe it wouldn't be so bad if... we gave it a try?"

At that, he started to form a smile, "Re--really?! You mean that? Seriously?!"

I couldn't help but laugh now, and then I nodded, "Yes. I am serious. So... what do you think?"

I'm starting to feel hope rise in my heart, and it felt really really good.

"Hah! Well I think that's aweso--"

He trailed off when all of the sudden someone called his name, "There you are man! We've been looking all over for you!"

And almost immediately, I noticed Harvey growing paler by the second. 

"Pa--Paul!" he turned around and widened his eyes.

The guy named Paul offered a smile to Harvey, and beside her was a beautiful petite blondie who looked longingly at Harvey.

"Hey Bea, that's him. That's the guy who wanted to ask you out but couldn't."

"Oh, so you're Harvey! Hi! I'm Bea."

"Pa--Paul, wait! There's..."

"See, he's so nervous he can't speak straight.'

"It's not that! Listen Paul, the plan..."

"What's... going on?" I asked, confused and feeling something really strange.

And this was not the "good" kind of strange.

"Oh, Hi. This is my cousin, Bea, you see. And well, hah, Harvey and her met in a Party once and he wanted to ask her out for quite some time. But he was such a chicken to go do it himself. So I offered my services and asked her out for him."

At that I widened my eyes, "O--Oh..."

"Olette, listen, it's not what you think. The truth is..." Harvey started to whisper.

"And when my cousin told me all about it, I was so happy!!! I've had a huge crush on him ever since then and I couldn't wait to get here and tell him that I would love to start dating him!!" Bea cheered in delight, coming over to hook her arm around Harvey's.

Okay, that gesture hurt me.

She looks even way too young for Harvey. Like she was just a freshmen in College. Undergraduate College, to be specific.

"Haha, they make a lovely couple, don't you think?"

I coughed fakely, already feeling moist in my eyes, "Oh, yes... indeed." I coughed again. "Oh, look at the time. I better go now." I started to leave. "Nice meeting you, Paul... Bea. I'll be going now."

"WAIT! I.. I thought you're class starts at 10:30AM!" Harvey called out. He would've approached me but Bea was still clinging on his arm.

"Yes... well, you know me... I have some... 'advance reading' to do in the library. Bye Harvey." I snapped, not anymore caring if my voice was cold or not. I was hoping to turn into a princess once Harvey and I was done talking about trying to give dating a try. And that he would be my Prince.

"But Olette..."

"I said BYE, Harvey." then I stormed away.

Well, he's not my prince but I am still turning into a princess.

The Ice Princess, though.

My Prince... and the one dream I had ever since I was a kid... they both go completely out the window.

He's not meant for me.

And my dream will never come true. Harvey was the only way to reaching that dream.

But now... just forget it.

Hope again?

Never mind.

[End of Chapter 12]

*Writer's Note: Finally! Chapter 12 is over, and thus, PART ONE has officially come to an end. What do you think of the trials each of the four souls will face? Do you want to know more details on what they really desire, on what holds their heart the most?

Keep reading and supporting the "Cocoon" and the more you comment, vote, or read, the more i get motivated to update!

Thank you everyone!

Stay tuned for PART TWO!