𝒑𝒂𝒑𝒂 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍 | 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

Breakfast had been delicious, not only due to the waffles, and Bellamira felt a bounce in her step

Breakfast had been delicious, not only due to the waffles, and Bellamira felt a bounce in her step. However it did suck having to leave Swiss earlier than expected when Papa Nihil called for her presence in the greenhouse. It was hard to skip out on the man who sort of raised her especially since his passing. Bellamira wasn't sure how to feel about having to speak to the ghostly apparition of Papa but figured it wasn't the weirdest thing around the abbey. 

It had been a while since Mira stepped foot in the greenhouse but it was always so calming. Mountain was incredibly talented when it came to greenery, sometimes it still amazed her. Vines crawled up along the windows, the potted flowers smelling beautifully that morning. It put her at ease before reaching Papa Nihil who was watching his hand go through a hibiscus. 

"Did I catch you in a bad time, Papa?" Mira held in a chuckle as the man jumped in surprise. Dear Satan, the man was a ghost and was playing scaredy cat over her? Papa Nihil glanced back at the plant as if to say later before beckoning his daughter closer. 

"It's been so long my child." Papa Nihil attempted to hug Mira but unfortunately went right through her. The shiver that ran down her spine making the girl giggle as he embarrassingly brushed it off as if it didn't happen. 

"I saw you the other day, Papa, but I appreciate the sentiment. You needed to see me?" Mira spotted the new garden chairs and took a seat. Dew had apparently had an incident with the last wicker ones but refused to take blame. Rain told her it was most definitely Dew and if she heard that it was Aether, it was a dirty lie. 

"Yes, yes I wanted to talk to you about your little ghoul friend." Papa Nihil took the seat across her with a sly smile. Mira raised an eyebrow wondering what Rain could've possibly done. Her friend was one hundred percent innocent when things went wrong in the abbey. Unless you counted the one time Dew set the kitchen nearly on fire and Rain refused to fix his mess. But that was ages ago (really it was a few weeks ago but who was counting the days?). 

"Rain? I'm sure he had nothing to do with it-" Mira waved it off. If Papa Nihil had found out about the small kitchen fire, they'd be screwed. It wasn't exactly her fault that she couldn't get the stove to work, Dew just happened to be there and overestimated the whole 'fire power'. 

"No, I was talking about your little romance with Swiss." Papa Nihil stated. His knowledge making her mouth drop open in shock. How the Hell would Papa found out about this? Rain wasn't the type to just blab off to just anyone.

"I have no idea what you're talking about but if I did, how did you find out?" Mira nervously twirled the loose strand of hair. Her thoughts drifting to Swiss doing the same thing this morning before pushing the memory aside to focus. 

"I might've overheard the Cardinal and a certain water ghoul last night..." Papa Nihil trailed off, side eyeing the girl to caught her reaction. Bellamira couldn't believe Rain blabbed off like that but things were starting to add up. He had been drinking with Cardi last night, whined about a terrible headache and seemed anxious over her leaving with Swiss. Those rats!