𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 | 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

the prequelle album release party | this is a flashback chapter

Parties weren't intended for introverted people which meant the album release event wouldn't be Sister Bellamira's 'thing'. However the ghouls were expected to make an appearance and Rain had begged for her to suffer with him. It would be an injustice to make her ghoul friend stand in a corner alone. All of the others would be drinking endlessly or seducing a fellow clergy member.

Hence why Bellamira was fussing over the little details of the outfit she threw together that afternoon. Events like this allowed the congregation out of uniform which was a relief after living in a habit all her life. Mira had decided on a black slip dress that she could've sworn wasn't as form fitting as before with a pair of heels.

"Please tell me you're ready, I'm dying here waiting." Rain whined. He arrived much earlier to assist the girl in choosing something but hadn't expected it to take this long. Rain was cursing Swiss in the back of his head for being the reason they were late.

Ever since his new brother was summoned a few months back, Mira was a clumsier mess then usual. Rain caught on pretty quick to the growing crush which was kind of cute. Swiss had arrived shortly after Mira began healing over Terzo's death. Rain had missed the happier version of his friend but now it seemed like things were getting better.

"I'm just nervous is all. I haven't been to a party since Terzo-" Mira caught herself. She noticed Rain tense up waiting for the slip up to happen. Instead, the woman exhaled slowly before turning on her heel to face the water ghoul. There was no reason to continue crying when Terzo would've wanted her to enjoy life.

"It shouldn't be long and then I can kick your ass in Mario Kart again." Rain held out an arm for the woman to take. He received a gentle slap before a shaky hand wrapped around his arm. Both of them taking a deep breath together before going out the door towards the event.

Rain hadn't expected to be taking care of a very tipsy Bellamira but Cirrus and Cumulus had poured the human way too many glasses now

Rain hadn't expected to be taking care of a very tipsy Bellamira but Cirrus and Cumulus had poured the human way too many glasses now. His attention having to divert from the conversation with Mountain and Dew to making certain Mira wasn't toppled over somewhere. However Mira was feeling ecstatic over the numbness falling over her body like a warm blanket. Not even one second had Terzo come flooding back in or how insecure she felt in comparison to the other sisters. Everything had felt beautiful but nothing was as stunning as how Swiss looked standing there to Mira.

Bellamira had never found interest in other clergy members even when Terzo had attempted to woo her. She most likely would've given in eventually until his untimely passing which left Mira in a fog for many many months. But it had gotten better with time, Rain comforting her, and then suddenly this new fire ghoul arrived. Their interactions were very minuscule but it had been enough to send Mira spiraling.

He was absolutely everything she wasn't - confident, flirty and extremely talented. Bellamira had watched multiple sisters flock to him when the party started. Rain had tried nudging her over there before Cirrus poured her another glass of wine in celebration. That small amount of confidence growing with each drop of alcohol on the tip of her tongue.

"Rainy, come dance with me!" Mira whined tugging on his sleeve. His attention on Dew slipping back down to her before shaking his head no.

"I'll dance with you." Dew smirked. No amount of alcohol could ever prepare her to deal with this fire ghoul alone or with a crowd. Mira frantically shook her head at his suggestion before surveying the crowd. Her eyes landing directly on Swiss who was entertaining two giggling sisters pawing at his chest.

Taking a deep breath, Bellamira walked towards the fire ghoul taking extra precaution to not trip. The clicking of her heels alerting the three of them when they stopped in front of him. Mira tried to not blush as his eyes slowly drank in each inch of her body. The confidence slipping for a second when he smirked and leaned forward waiting for the woman to speak.

"I really want to dance with you." Bellamira smiled, tugging a strand of hair behind her ear. Both sisters attempting to coax him into staying with them. Them even going as far as promising to allow him to use them however he saw fit. However Swiss took Mira's hand to join the other clergy members dancing. She leaned her back against him swaying her hips to the music, his hands tightly holding onto her hips.

"I saw you watching me earlier sweetheart." Swiss leaned down to whisper in her ear. He had noticed Bellamira arrive with Rain earlier, the look on both of them speaking volumes on not wanting to be there. Honestly, Swiss would've guessed that the two were romantically involved until his brother stated otherwise. He would've tried talking to her earlier if it wasn't for the flock of sisters obsessed with bedding all the ghouls.

"I liked the view, are you complaining?" Mira chewed softly on her lip. The music quickly changing in tone, the heat in the room becoming suffocating but she chose to ignore it to grind against the ghoul. Her skin tingling as he ran his hands down her body while matching pace with her. Both of them quickly loosing themselves in the music, Swiss memorizing her body and loving how she moved fluidly against him.

"Damn, the way you move your body sweetheart." Swiss whispered. Her eyes fluttering shut when she felt his lips against her neck. Everything felt amplified from the alcohol, Mira twirled her body around to look up at him. His arms wrapping tightly around her waist before she pulled him down to press her lips against his.

Nothing in the world could've prepared herself for that moment. Terzo had explained the feeling a thousand times when she was younger. Being as curious as she was, Bellamira lost her first kiss to Terzo which he never let go. But that didn't even compare to the feeling of Swiss kissing her. Which definitely would've affected her Papa but she didn't even care.

"Let me take care of you, babydoll." Swiss held the sides of her face gently, kissing her lips once more. Bellamira could feel her entire body freeze up at his suggestion. It definitely wasn't like she didn't want to take Swiss up on the offer especially with how he was looking down at her with desire. But the nausea building up in her stomach was telling her otherwise, Mira frantically searched for Rain in the crowd.

"Is everything okay, love?" Swiss tried getting Mira's attention who was internally panicking. The room was spinning too fast and Rain was no where in sight causing her to feel more anxious. Her attention going back to Swiss who seemed genuinely concerned.

"I'm really sorry...I need to find Rain." Mira slipped away from him before turning to the double doors. It became harder to get away with the amount of clergy members swaying to the music. Bellamira could hear Swiss calling out to her while trying to reach her but the crowd grew quickly in size. 

Dew noticed the stumbling girl before Rain and tapped him on the shoulder to point towards her. Rain turned around spotting his panicked friend who was already on the verge of tears. Mira stumbled into his waiting arms and cursed herself for being so silly. 

"I don't feel so good, Rainy." Mira whined. Rain nodded before saying goodbye to the others ghouls and leaving the party quickly before she could get sick. He was surprised to see her after Dew pointed out the two dancing previously. Rain had actually been proud of his human friend but suddenly things had taken a turn for the worst. 

"Did something happen, Mira?" Rain was instantly concerned. He should've known better to let Cirrus keep serving glass after glass of wine to her. Mira was an absolute lightweight and now was gonna pay the harsh price. 

"I'm so stupid, I just ran away from him and-" Mira babbled on before pausing. Rain glanced down seeing the hand covering her mouth and frantically shaking her head. It was definitely going to be a long night and his hopes of playing Mario Kart out the window...

note:

I did change the look for Bellamira but you're more than welcome to imagine whoever!