𝒂 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒎𝒂𝒔𝒔 | 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Bellamira snuggled into the light jacket she tossed on before midnight mass due to the chill of the October air

Bellamira snuggled into the light jacket she tossed on before midnight mass due to the chill of the October air. Trying to light about several dozen black candles with a draft was an absolute bitch. Granted the fall was a favorite to the woman but it was frustrating when the candles were extinguished five seconds after lighting them. It also wasn't helping that Rain kept laughing behind her each time. Honestly Mira was certain that he followed behind pinching each flame to mess with her. 

"Rain, if you don't stop right now I'll send you back to Hell." Mira stomped. Mass would be starting in about thirty minutes and there was a least another dozen candles to go. Sister Imperator had appointed her this duty back when she turned ten and had continued doing so every Sunday. 

"You'd miss me too much, idiot." Rain stuck his tongue at her. Soon enough, he'd have to abandon his human friend to join the other ghouls for line up. Papa always liked to run over what they'd perform for the clergy and other important notes. 

"Hmm, would I?" Mira joked, nudging him towards Cardi who was waving him over. She held a hand closely to the flame waiting for Rain to leave before lighting the next candle in peace. 

Already the pews were starting to fill in quickly but Mira had been grateful that Sister Imperator held a spot for her close to the stage. You sometimes got perks for being abandoned here at birth and being raised by the Imperator. There weren't many especially if you didn't do the duties assigned to you but Mira had those down to a T. After doing them for so many years, it kind of became second nature. 

Bellamira tried to quickly light the rest of the candles, which was much easier now, before taking a seat at the pew diagonal to the stage. The whispers from other clergy members going silent once the lights dimmed slowly in the room. Mira adjusted her veil while waiting for Cardi to walk down the aisle followed closely behind the ghouls who took their positions on the stage. Mass would usually run for about an hour in which Papa would praise the Dark Lord and then perform a song or two for the clergy.

It seemed like the energy in the room was in high spirits throughout the clergy. Mira had noticed the newer ladies wide eyed in shock before joining in praise like usual. However the one troublesome sister for Mira was strictly enamored with how Swiss was already moving on the stage when the first song began. Her eyes narrowed slightly before quickly directing her attention back to the front hoping the woman hadn't noticed. It certainly wasn't right for her to be so rude considering Swiss wasn't hers even after game night unfortunately. 

Neither of them had talked about what happened which disappointed Mira slightly; not that Swiss hadn't left her alone afterwards. He'd been seeking her out more than usual when not busy with Papa to walk with her during her duties. Granted it had only been a few days but Mira would've figured during that time Swiss would've said something but nope not a peep. 

Mira sang alongside the other sisters to distract herself from the whirlwind going on in her head. She had noticed how much more confident Rain was becoming on stage which brought a smile to her face. He was always going to be that shy little ghoul she met but it seemed like Rain was getting better with time. Glancing over to Swiss, Mira blushed seeing his focus completely already on her. His movements on stage were always so fluid and effortless which always pulled in each sister's attention. The amount of times Mira had overhead someone asking another sister how Swiss was in bed was insane. However seeing how he moved his hips, she could see why so many were genuinely curious. Bellamira could feel her cheeks warm up with him starring directly at her while practically grinding against his mic stand.