Chapter 6

"America! You're awake!" Marlee gasped, rushing out of her seat and towards the hospital bed which America laid at. "How do you feel?? How are the babies? Yeah yeah I know. The doctor told me after I screamed at him to tell me what was wrong. Omg congrats America! Sorry I'm blabbering."

America got none of what she said. Well halfway through then she lost her. "I feel...okay. just a bit nauseous and extremely hungry," she groaned, attempting to sit up but laid back down. Then she processed Marlees words. "Does anybody else know???"

"If you mean Maxon yes he knows. He stayed here the whole night refusing to leave. Julian and him got into a big fight. For if he knows it's his? He doesn't. He thinks it's Aspens but I don't think he really cares. He adores you America. He still does," Marlee says, stroking America's head.

America groaned not in pain but frustration and anger. "I don't care if he adores me. He...he chose Kriss over me. He's married and he hurt me. He didn't even bother to give me a second to explain. Curse my heart for still wanting him but I'm not going to get back with him," America cried out. Not only did she know that Maxon was behind the door the whole time, his hand outstretched to open the door till he heard her. He gulped and pulled his hand back before turning away and leaving. He only heard the part where America said her rant not the part where he was the father of the twins.

"Okay okay. Calm down you'll stress out the babies. I've went through this with Kyle. Ames you've got to keep your stress levels down and try to rest more or it'll lead into...bad things for the baby. But don't worry I'm here now alright? I'll take care of you," Marlee hushed, stroking America's head still.

"I don't know if I can do this Marlee," America sobbed into her friends shoulder. "How do I raise two children. I mean you have Carter. I have no one."

"Don't say that! You have me, Celeste, your mom, your maids, and Aspen. You'll always have us America. We'll help you get through this," Marlee exclaimed, hugging her friend tightly but not too tight. "Don-."

"America! You're awake. Are you okay?!" Julian gasped bursting in the room. He looked so disheveled that America wondered if he went through a hurricane. He had a slight flush in his cheeks as well.

"I am," America replied in a neutral tone. "Are you o-Leela?" America frowned hearing a squeak behind the close door. Marlee opened the door to reveal Leela stopping a vase from opening.

Julian facepalmed slightly, the flush in his cheeks increasing.

America smirked, looking to the two. "Are we interrupting something?"

"No no. It's alright. I um-we-," Leela blushed.

  "A date. I've been trying to spend some time with the other girls while you were unconscious so it doesn't feel as if I only interact with you on them. Anyway I'll see you outside Leela. Marlee can you give America and I a moment alone?" Julian asks.

   Marlee look to America to see if it was okay. America hesitated but nodded. Marlee and Leela left together to wait.

   "I made a elimination last night after the meeting by the way," Julian says.

    "Are one of those me?" America asked hopefully.

    "No. Celeste and Lacy. But Celeste still stays at the castle because well I know how much you guys love her. But them two were just not the right fit for me and are not suitable for the role of being queen," Julian said.

    "Oh...yeah. She's better successful as a model and plus she's independent. Did I miss anything else?" America asked.

    "Um nothing. I just wanted to ask if um...if...you...wanted to...go out on a date with me tonight?" Julian said, his cheeks flushing with color.

    "I...I don't know Julian. With this pregnancy and all I'll find a way to mess it up," America says with a sigh, plus the last time she was on a date was Maxon. She'd ruined it. Now with this new Selection she'd learned her lesson.

     "Love, there's no way you can ever ruin anything for me. You're perfect," Julian whispered, holding her hand.

    America didn't know whether to blush or fight down the feeling that she was familiar with so she did nothing. "I...I mean..."

    "Please, love? Just one chance? I swear if you don't like it or me and the possibility of us then I'll send you home or you can stay," Julian said, stroking her hand.

     "Okay," America agreed.

     Julian released a breath he was holding and grinned. "You won't regret it, love. I'll see you tonight," he smiled, kissing her hand.

    America fell back against the bed with a sigh and rang for her maids. They began to prepare her for the night to come.

   It was gonna be a very long night.