Chapter 18

"Daphne?!" Maxon gasped in both shock and angry. Angry for showing up there and attracting the attention of the press. "What are you doing here?"

         America stared at Daphne then to Maxon then to Daphne. "He's right and how did you find us?"

        "Please listen. I don't have anywhere else to go. My kingdom was taken over by a dictator who's looking for me to able to transfer my crown to him. I need a place to hide and I knew he wouldn't find me here at Illea. I looked for you at the palace but they said you weren't there anymore. I asked around and found some maids talking about you guys here and well here I am. Please, Maxon. I have no where else to go. If only you can let me stay just for a few days till I find somewhere to go. Please," Daphne begged.

         "I...I don't know, Daphne. It's not just up to me but America as well. Speaking of. Daphne, America. Darling, this is Daphne...a childhood friend of mine," Maxon said, keeping an arm around America.

      "Nice to finally meet you," Daphne said in a neutral tone and held out her hand.

       America shook it. "Ditto. And I don't have a problem with it. A friend of Maxons is a friend of mine. Though, you'll probably sleep in an empty room with just a twin bed because we haven't got to setting up rooms."

       "That's fine. Totally. Thank you so much," Daphne said, with a neutral tone again.

        "Of course. Let me show you to the room now," America said, turning to Maxon first. "I'll be right back," she said, giving him a peck on the lips in which Daphne looked away from.

       Maxon nodded warily, still undecided on Daphne. They did fight when they last saw each other.

     America led the way to their other house. Her and Maxons house and led Daphne to an empty room with simply a tiny bed. "I'm sorry again for it being so empty. We didn't expect visitors. But make yourself at home. We will have to leave for a while to go shopping for stuff but we'll be back."

      Daphne nodded before closing the door on her face.

      America glared and huffed before walking back to Maxon. "Well...today's been...interesting. "

      "You can say that again. I don't know whether to be shocked or sad for her country and her showing up. Anyway I'm not going to let that ruin today. Are you ready to go shopping my dear? You'll have to teach me how it works but I can't wait," Maxon smiled, kissing her forehead.

      "Will happily do," America chuckled.

      For the rest of the day, they spent it shopping. First they went grocery shopping for food and kitchen stuff, then they went to buy clothes, then they went to grab some essentials, also they grabbed some decorations, then some furniture, and finally just some trinkets that would help them start their house of. All the stuff was being generously carried home by some helpful neighbors whom America knew and reunited with.

        After they finished shopping, America took him to her favorite food place.

        "You'll love it here, I swear. It's called Philippine town from the old country a few years back who was overthrown. They had really nice food so they still cook it there. It's really interesting and the food is so yummy!" America grinned. She breathed in the air and her mouth watered. "Just smell that."

      "Oh my gods, that does smell really divine," Maxon said, his stomach grumbling.

      America laughed slightly and pulled him along. The first stall was a vendor stall with foods called Kwek Kwek, Fishball, chicken skin, kikiam, chicken balls, and many different varieties of sauces.

     Maxon watched as America pull out two coins, hand it to the vendor, grab a stick, and start jabbing at the things that were frying in a big pan of oil. She grabbed a cup and placed the stick in it then grab a bowl spoon to get some brown sauce and pour it in the cup along with the food. She had grabbed the Kwek Kwek and Kikiam. Maxon just stood and watched.

     "Well don't just stand and watch! Get poking and eating," America laughed, giving the vendor two more coins and she gave Maxon a cup and a stick.

     Maxon stared at the two for a second then the vendor before cautiously poking one that was called Fishball. It sounded interesting. He then grabbed some of America's favorites which were Kikiam and Kwek Kwek before pouring some of the brown sauce.

 He then grabbed some of America's favorites which were Kikiam and Kwek Kwek before pouring some of the brown sauce

       "Watch," America chuckled, dipping the stick with food in the sauce and eating one.

       Maxon did the same. His eyes widened in surprise. "Woah! This is really good!"

      "I know right!" America exclaimed.

       "Hmmhmm. This is just out of the world. God if my dad saw me eating this greasy food, he would probably die again," Maxon laughed, eating the rest.

     "Yep! Finish up! We've got more to try!" America smiled, already finished with hers.

    For the rest of the night, they tried many of the culture food. They tried Adobo, Lechon, Sisig, and many more. Each kept surprising Maxon.

    One he didn't like was Isaw. It was Chicken guts and intestines which just grossed him out. Another was Balut which was a dead duck in a egg. America had chased him around with it while he ran from the grossness.

     Overall it was an amazing day. They got home late in which Daphne was already asleep.

     They placed all the food and kitchen stuff in the right place. They also folded the clothes and put them in their drawers. They set the furniture in the right places and just decorated.

     When midnight strikes, they were finally finish.

     America sighed loudly and threw herself in the bed with a groan. "Ugh that was tiring."

      "I agree," Maxon said, laying down gently and covering his face. "We're halfway there. I think some paint and more personal stuff will make this feel like home."

        "Hmmm," America replied, dozing off.

      Maxon laughed quietly before gathering her up in his arms, kissing her forehead, and going to sleep as well.

     "Goodnight, my dear," he whispered.