Chapter 17

"We have arrived"

"Huh? What?" America blinked, still half asleep as she sat up. Maxon was also still passed out beside her.

She felt no movement from the plane so she guessed they've arrived. She smiled slightly before resting her head back on Maxons chest. "Max. We're here," she whispered, peppering his face with kisses.

"I'm going to wake up to this everyday," Maxon smiled.

America smiled before hopping off the bed and grabbing her clothes that she brought from home. She dressed in the bathroom and put her hair in a bun before going back out to the room. Maxon was also prepped and ready. Aspen had let him borrow some of his clothes to start with. It looked a little small and tight but it fitted. It only showed off his abs which America had no problems with.

"Ready?" Maxon smiled, intertwining their hands.

"Yep," America smiled, before walking to the exit with him. They chose to particularly land in a private airport so they wouldn't get bombarded by the press and people. It worked beautifully because when they stepped off the plane, there was nobody there but then and a few guards.

"Your majesty. The car is ready and loaded with luggage. It will take 30 minutes to drive to the house," the driver said, starting the car.

"Alright. Thank you. Please, it's just Maxon now," Maxon smiled, shaking his hand before opening the door to the limo for America.

America nodded gratefully before sliding into a seat. Maxon slid in beside her.

America stared out the window the whole ride. The memories flashing through her mind at everything familiar. She saw Aspens house and the twins. She saw the hospital where her and her siblings were born. She saw her school. She saw the park where her and Aspen had first went on a date. A lot of stuff she saw was full of Aspen. Now, she just smiled, remembering remembering happy memories.

"Maxon?" America asked, resting her cheek on his shoulder.

"Yes, darling?" Maxon asked, stroking her hand.

"What do you say about building a treehouse?" America said.

"I would say that is an interesting idea. I think it would definitely be lovely," Maxon said.

"Great!" America smiled, hugging him. Maxon hugged back.

The ride did take 30 minutes but it was worth the wait. America stared at their new house in awe. "Maxon...it's beautiful!" It looked exactly like the picture and it was perfect.

Maxon also stared with awe. It was really happening. They were going to live in a house together, jobs, children, and just being happy together.

"Let's check it out," America grinned, stepping out the limo and rushing to the house. She got the key from her pocket and unlocked the door.

Maxon hold the door open for her before going in himself.

"It's a bit empty but we'll fix that right up. Ohmygods Maxon," she gasped, staring at the nursery room. It was duck themed and yellow with little angles and rocking bed for children.

"I'm so glad," Maxon smiled, he'd designed the room himself. "Now. I'm dying to see your house next door."

"Oh! Yeah!" America remembered then grabbed his hand and rushed out the house to next door.

She lifted a sunflower pot and got a key before unlocking the door.

She breathed in the familiar scent and peace. Peace before the chaos. There was a lot of shreaking, hugging, and laughing.

"America! My gods you look so beautiful," Kena grinned, ruffling her hair while holding her baby.

"Omygod. Is this her? She's so beautiful," America gasped, cooing at the baby. "Can I hold her?"

Kenna nodded before giving the baby to her.

America made weird noises and talked in a baby voice.

Maxon smiled, watching America with a child. He knew he was going to propose first but he wanted to earn the money to do it and do the hard work to marry her. He would make her his wife by hard work and not money he didn't earn. Then after that they'd try for children.

"May I?" Maxon asked, stretching out his arms. America handed the baby to him. "Hello there little human," Maxon smiled, booping the baby's nose. The baby giggled and grabbed his finger.

"Awwwwwwhxjskcjdjcj," America giggled and awed. "She's so precious."

"She's so small," Maxon said, for the baby was so small in his large figure. "And adorable."

"And it's time for her nappy. I'll see you guys at dinner," Kenna smiled before taking her baby back and going to their rooms.

"Right. Well let me show you around Maxon. First I'll introduce you. Here's Gerald. Thats Kota and that was Kenna. Her husband is at work right now but he's James and the cute baby is Astra. Now let me show you around," America said, showing him around.

"This is the spot where I found out that I was chosen for the Selection," America said, plopping down the couch.

"So this is the spot huh," Maxon smiled, sitting at the arm chair of the couch.

"Yep. Andddddddd this is my room," America said jogging to the door next to them.

"Well well it's the famous bedroom of the famous America Singer," Maxon chuckled, looking around. "Its..."

"Small? Yep," America said, laying on the bed. It wouldn't even fit the two of them.

"I was gonna say a masterpiece," Maxon said, sitting at the foot of bed.

"Right. Well. Welcome to my humble home," America said, spreading her arms.

"Is that The treehouse?" Maxon asked, peeking out the window.

America blinked before nodding. "Yep its the treehouse. God it feels like it's been years. Aspen saving up for our marriage and me being so innocent."

"I want to see it," Maxon said. He wasn't jealous anymore. Aspen was a close friend of his and he was best man when he married Lucy.

"You sure?" America asked.

"Yep. Let's go," Maxon grinned, climbing out the window and strolling for the treehouse. America chuckled before following. She went up first and opened the tiny little door before beginning to crawl in. She didn't get very far before she heard her mom calling for her.

"America! Someone's here to see you!" Her mom yelled.

"Oh! It's probably Celia and her twin. I'll show you in a bit. Come on I'll introduce you," America smiled, holding his hand before going around the house.

It was a girl alright. But it wasn't Celia.

"Daphne???" Maxon gasped.