Chapter 19

(Hi! I just wanted to ask how the story is going so far? Interesting. Getting boring. Boring as heck. Nice?)
    Today was a brand new day. It was the beginning of the start of their lives together and America couldn't wait.

     She awoke to Maxon soft breath on her hair and his arms tightly secured around her. She shifted so she was sideways and buried her face in his chest.

      "Good morning, my dear," Maxon whispered, pulling her close.

       "Don't start," America warned, jabbing his very muscly chest. She was quickly dozing off again due to the warmth of his body and tiredness from last night.

      Maxon chuckled before gently unwrapping his arms around her and sliding off the bed quietly. He stood beside the bed for a second, watching his America sleep. She looked more beautiful than she'd ever have. His chest tightened with the feeling of love. He kissed her forehead before walking to the kitchen.

       "Alright. Time to make breakfast," Maxon yawned, ruffling his already bed hair before going to pantry and grabbing pancake mix, eggs, milk, bread, sausage, and butter. He hadn't known how to cook but he learned for her specially. Before they left the palace, he had visited the kitchens and took lessons for a week on cooking.

       He wrapped an apron around him before getting to work. He finished as soon as America walk out their rooms, still blinking from the bright like. But once her eyes adjusted, she gasped.

       "Aww Maxon! You didn't have to. But I'm glad you did! I didn't know you could cook," America exclaimed.

        "Well I recently learned. Eat up, darling. We've got a long day ahead of us," Maxon smiled, pouring some milk to top it off and chopping strawberries and putting it on their plates.

       America nodded and ate. She moaned in delight. "God I miss home cooking. It's perfect Maxon. You're perfect."

      Maxon smiled, giving her a kiss.

       They broke off when they heard a cough.

        Daphne.

        "Good morning," Daphne smiled.

        America's smiled dropped.

       "Morning," she said, returning to her breakfast. Maxon didn't say anything.

        "You guys have any plans today?" Daphne asked.

        No one talked so Maxon broke the silence. "We're just going to go look for jobs. Then Gerad's birthday pool party."

       "Yep," America said.

         "Well that's nice. May I join the party?" Daphne asked.

         America stiffened but then Maxon pulled her to him and she relaxed. "Sure." The two finished eating.

        "Great! Good thing I bought bathing suits," Daphne grinned.

         "Nice. Well we best be off. We'll see you in a bit," America said before scurrying off to their room.

          Maxon followed. "Look, America. Daphne is harmless. History is history. Can we put it behind us and start over? She truly needs our help and she is my friend."

      America sighed before nodding. "Okay. I'll try."

      "Thank you, darling. Now I have to go. I have an interview I scheduled while making breakfast. Not surprise but they already favor me. Mostly with the prince thing but I showed them my portfolio of pictures and they were impressed," Maxon grinned, grabbing his camera.

       "Awww I knew you could do it," America grinned, hugging him.

      "Thank you," Maxon said, hugging back.

       "I also have to meet with someone. I was working for them before I left for the Selection. Just some small gigs but their offering me a big promotion now due to me being in the Selection. I would say I'm good to go as well. It's all turning great for us Maxon," America sighed contently.

       "It is. I love you, America. Also I have to go. I'll see you at the party!" Maxon smiled, kissing her before rushing off. He nodded quickly to Daphne as an acknowledgement then left.

     America took her time and got herself ready because her meeting didn't start till another 30 minutes. She prepped and packed some necessary stuff before heading out. She stopped by Daphne who was eating.

      "Hey," she smiled.

       "Hey," Daphne shrugged.

       "I'm sorry for the coldness and all. I hope we can be friends," America said genuinely.

        "Cool," Daphne said before walking away.

        "Did I do something wrong?" America asked, frowning.

         "No. You didn't. Don't you have somewhere to be?" Daphne asked.

          "Right well bye," America huffed and left. How rude!

           For the half of the day, the two spent it dealing with meetings and jobs. For the other half, they met at the public pool which Gerad was having his party.

        "Pool party!" May exclaimed, jumping in the pool with her tutu bathing suits.

(Short chapter sorry!)
America's bathing suit Vs Daphnes. There's gonna be some competition next chapter!)

 There's gonna be some competition next chapter!)