Chapter 8

"Oh Maxon I love it!" Kriss smiled, taking in everything. "Oh look it's the girls! But let's make tonight just us. Please?" Kriss begged using puppy eyes.

   Maxon bit his lip thinking. How was he suppose to get away from Kriss to find America and beg her to be his again. "I- sure Kriss."

     "Yay! Come on let's go watch the singing show!" Kriss smiled dragging him off to the shows.

    Meanwhile...

    "Oh my gods. Free huge wolf teddy bear if you get a 100 score on the karaoke? I've got to try it," America grinned since she was a really great singer.

    "You would absolutely no doubt win it. Go ahead, love. Knock yourself out," Julian chuckled, letting her hand go so she could go up in stage.

    "Hmmm," America said looking through the song book then found a song from the movie teen beach. The song title was On My Own.

   (Song. Don't skip through the lyrics cuz there's dialogue there from Maxerica)

    America cleared her throat before singing.

   It almost feels
Like it was just a dream
All these memories of you and me
Blown away
In the summer breeze

It almost feels like
We just never were
All this time we spent was just a blur
Now it's just me and a melody.....

Halfway as she was singing Maxon and Kriss arrived. She locked eyes with him, pausing the song. But she refused to let her feelings get in the way again. She kept singing.

So what am I
Supposed to do
'Cause all these plans
We made in the sand
Are through

Without you
I'm on my own
Am I'm gonna be alone
And if it's only
Me, myself and I
Will I be fine?
So far from home
And I just don't know
Am I gonna make it
Brave enough to
Take this road
Out on my own

Looking in the mirrors odyssey
All these choices that I'm caught between
Who I should and who I wanna be
I wanna stand and take this wave
And ride into a brighter day
I'll take each chance and better me

I think that I know what to do
I got all these plans, I'm a one woman band it's true
Now I can't lose

Out on my own
Never gonna be alone
As long as I got me, myself and I
I'm doing fine
So far from home
I just don't know
Am I gonna make it
Brave enough to take this road?

Out on my own
Oh oh
Out on my own
Oh oh
Out on my own

And maybe I'm falling on my face
Or maybe I'm landing in my place
And maybe we're a million miles apart
Or maybe we're standing heart to heart
But no matter what
I'm walking
Right off this stage
And never looking back
Looking back to yesterday

No, way
No, way...
I'm on my own!

Tears were falling down her face but she didn't care.

I'm on my own
Never gonna be alone
As long as I got
Me, myself and I
I'm doing fine
So far from home
But now I know that
I am gonna make it
Brave enough to take this road

Out on my own
Oh oh
Out on my own
Oh oh
Out on my own

It almost feels
Like it was just a dream
All these memories of you and me

Everyone stared clapping as soon as she finished. America placed the mic down before rushing out the stage and into Julian's open arms. She buried her face in his chest, refusing to look at Maxon.

    "Oh, love," Julian said sadly, stroking her hair. "It's alright. Come on, let's go cheer you up... OMG. YOU WON!!" Julian gasped.

    "REALLY?! OMG I DID!" America gasped her tears drying and she smiled as the man handed her the big teddy bear.

    "Oh I knew you could do it!" Julian grinned picking her up and twirling her.

    Maxon watched them the whole time. He stared at America the whole performance. His eyes watered the whole entire time. He knew that the lyrics was focused on him and solely on him. He had to look away to wipe his tears so Kriss nor America wouldn't see it.

   He was planning to run to America when she finished her song. He saw America running down the stage and towards his direction. His heart leaped. My dear...

    But then his heart hardened when Julian came into view. He watched America bury her face in his chest and him holding her in his arms. Then he watched as he twirled her while America looked so happy.

   He looked away. "Kriss, how about we go ride some rides?"

  "Yeah! That'd be great. Wasn't America just fantastic! She has such a great view!" Kriss grinned.

   "Yeah...she was," Maxon sighed before walking off before his heart broke anymore.

    Kriss followed.

    America and Julian began to walk around again, holding hands and stopped at the ferris wheel. "Oh! We have to do this. It has an amazing view," America grinned.

   "Sure, love," Julian agreed.

   Maxon and Kriss were also there. Maxon froze when they stopped in front of America and Julian.

  "America! Julian...Hi guys! America you were amazing," kriss smiled.

  America didn't reply straight away as she stared at Maxon. She cleared her throat before looking to Kriss. "Thank you Kriss."

  "Of course," Kriss smiled then the awkward silence came.

   It was interrupted when Julian's phone rang. He stepped away for a minute then came back, his face sad. "Love, I'm afraid I have to go. King and Prince issue's. I'm so sorry."

   "You have nothing to be sorry about, Julian. Today has been super amazing and fun. I loved it. I guess I'll see at the palace. I'm going to go find Celeste and Marlee. Thank you again for everything," America said, looking down.

   Julian smiled, lifting her chin. "It was my pleasure, love."

   America smiled back, forgetting that Maxon was there. She went to her toes and kiss Julian's cheek. "Bye."

   "Bye," Julian smiled, nodding to Kriss and Maxon before leaving.

    America sighed before turning and came face to face with Maxon. She jerked back. "Sorry. I should go. It was nice seeing you Kriss."

    She began to turn away when Celeste. Marlee, and Kriss's sister ran to them.

  "Hey guys! Mind if we squeeze in? The line is so long. Ooo we're on! Kriss come on let's go together!" Kriss's sister grinned dragging her to a cart. The carts inside was invisible from the outside but you could still see the outside from inside. Marlee and Celeste into another, leaving America and Maxon to take the next cart.

    "Um....," America said, awkwardly, not wanting to be alone in the same space with Maxon for 20 whole minutes.

    What the he'll was she suppose to do?