Chapter 12

"Ugh," America groaned, stirring from her slumber. She blinked once then twice. Her vision slowly came back to her with seeing wires and lights at first but then saw that she was in the hospital with Maxon sitting beside her.

     "America," Maxon gasped. "How are you feeling?"

      "Sore. What happened?" America asked, looking to him.

      Maxon refused to look at her in her eyes for fear of breaking down.

     "Maxon. Look at me. What happened?" America asked, getting concerned and scared.

      Maxon looked and broke. He just lost it into tears. America didn't know what was happening but she also cried cuz she was scared.

      "Maxon! What happened?!" She cried out.

       Maxon sobbed. "The-the twins."

      America was taken back, placing her hands on her stomach. Her once again flat stomach. "No...no...no! Maxon please please tell me that they're okay! They've got to be okay. I'm still pregnant. Where are they?!"

      Maxon just buried his face in his hands, shaking his head.

      America's sobs were getting bigger and uncontrolled. "My babies," she sobbed, rocking back and forth.

     Maxon cried as well, hugging her tightly. "I'm so sorry, America."

     America cried till there was no tears left to cry. When there was no tears left to cry, she just remained laying down and staring at the wall unblinking.

     "America?" Maxon said, stroking her hand.

     America didn't reply for a second but then looked at him with a new shine in her eyes. "How did this happen?"

     "I-its all my fault. I'm so sorry. Kriss didn't take it well when I told her that I wasn't marrying her but you. She...poisoned your breakfast this morning. I'm so sorry, America. This wouldn't have happened if it weren't for me," Maxon said.

      "No! Maxon it's not your fault. It's Kriss'. How could she! I thought she was my friend!" America yelled in anger. "Where is she?" She growled, getting off the bed.

      "America! Stop you need to rest," Maxon said, pulling her back to the bed.

      "I'm fine, Maxon. Nothing hurts now let's go get that b****. She's going to pay for what she did!" America yelled, shrugging his hand and getting up.

      "I couldn't agree more," Maxon agreed, holding her by the waist and leading her to her room. He waited outside as she got changed and ready. When he was waiting, he sent out guards to go find Kriss.

        There's several places she could be. He knew she wasn't in the palace because they checked the cameras and it saw her leaving. When he and Kriss were bonding, she'd told him her favorite places, her addresses, and places she went to get away from people and stress. He didn't exactly know where she was but he was going to find her and make her pay for killing his twins.

     America finished super quick and got out with her hair tied in a bun and in a cap. "Let's go."

      "I've got guards sent out to all the places she can be out of the palace. They'll report if they see her. For us, we'll see if she's still in the palace.

        "Alright," America simply said before beginning to walk to Kriss' room. She stopped then turned. "She's a rebel. By the way. I thought you should know. I found out not long ago."

       "What?! Oh gods. Can she get any worse?" Maxon growled.

        America just nodded before flinging Kriss's door wide open. There was nobody there. It looked empty and cleaned out. America strode to the bed and pushed the button that called for maids.

      The maids came shortly and froze at the sight of Maxon. "Y-youre Majesty. How can we help you?"

      "Have you seen Kriss?" Maxon said, politely. The maids had no fault at this matter.

      "The last we've seen of her was last night when you um...you know. She packed up and told us not to follow her," one maid replied.

      "Liar! Where is she? Where are you hiding her!" America yelled at the maid about to grab her but Maxon stopped her.

      "America stop. It's not their fault okay. We're going to find her. I swear it," Maxon said then turned to the maids. "Do you know any place here she can go?"

      "Um...no. Wait. She does fancy the library. She um found a little hideout in the library that she likes to read in. That's all we know. We wear," The maid promised, shaking.

      "Show us," Maxon ordered, slipping his hands through America's to calm her down.

        The maid led the way to the library then kept going till they reached a painting with a not so hidden handle.

      America immediately reached for the handle and flung it open. Sure there was. Kriss laid asleep on a chair. The room looked organized and her stuff was laid out on the floor.

      America flung Maxons hand away and charged. "You!" She screamed, pinning Kriss on the bed.

     Kriss awakened with a startle cry. "America! W-hat are you doing?"

     "Don't play innocent with me! You know what you did! You killed two innocent unborn children. My children! How could you be so cruel!" She yelled, slapping Kriss with every word.

      "I-I don't know what you're talking about. I did no such thing!" Kriss yelled out.

     "Oh really? What's this vial of poison doing in your bag? Just fancy a little bit of poison in your drink?" Maxon glared, holding the poison.

     "Look I-," Kriss tried to deny it but America slapped her.

      "You b****. You're going to rot in the cell for the rest of your life!" America glared, dragging her outside of the secret room and to the guards. She dragged her by the hair.

       "Guards! Lock her up. Now!" Maxon yelled. The guards nodded and picked up Kriss and rushed her to the dungeons.

      Once the guards were gone, America collapsed in a ball of tears. Maxon looked at her sadly and pulled her in his arms.

    "Our babies," she whimpered.

     "I know," Maxon said, stroking her back and hair. "I'm sorry, darling. I'm so sorry. We're going to get through this together alright? Nothing has to change. I had talked to Julian this morning and he agreed that you are out of his Selection. We can be together, marry, and have children. This is not our last. If God accepts then we'll see our babies again. Okay?" Maxon said, softly.

      "Okay," America agreed, still crying.

      "I love you so much, darling," Maxon said while holding her. They stayed in that position for a while before they headed to Maxons room and slept, holding each other.

(Next Chapter will be in Julian's point of view of his date with Leela!)