Chapter 14

(Time skip. Two publish in one day! I am rolling!)
     It was three months ago that Julian's selection started and two days ago when he chose the two elite between Leela and Natalie.
        "America. It's time to wake up,"  Maxon said gently, shaking her.

       "Nooo. It's too early," America moaned, covering her face.

       "Fine then I shall take someone else on a dinner date," Maxon said, jokingly and began to walk away.

      "Nooo! I'm up I'm up," America groaned, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "And down down down." She fell back to the bed.

    During the three months, she found peace with her grief and she moved passed the grief and found happiness again with Maxon.

     "Americaaaa," Maxon chuckled, stroking her cheek. "Please. I planned something truly amazing."

      America sighed before actually sitting up. "Okay okay. Hmmm you're so warm," America sighed, hugging him and burying her face in his chest. 

      Maxon chuckled and hugged her. They stayed like that for a bit. "America," Maxon laughed.

     "Huh? What? Where's the fire? Oh yes. Date. Sorry. Last night with the party was just tiring. I'll be ready in 30 minutes alright? I'll see you soon," America said, shaking the sleepiness out of her and kissing his cheek.

       "Take you time, darling. I'll see you," Maxon said, giving her a peck on the lips before closing the door behind him.

       America went to the bathroom first and splashed her face with cold water. Then she called for her maids who got her ready.

     She dressed in a long dress with a open leg design and her maids styled her hair. They touched her up with some mascara and lipgloss and left once they finished. America slipped on Maxons bracelet that he gave to her during the Selection before walking to the garden where Maxon told her to meet her.

       At least she tried to

       At least she tried to. The guards stopped her. "I'm sorry, lady America. You can't go there."

     "What? What do you mean? Yes I can. Let me in," America glared.

       "I'm sorry, you c-,"

       "Let her out!" Maxon yelled from the inside.

     "But your-,"

     "I said let her out," Maxon said. The guard nodded before opening the door.

     America eyed the guard with a glare before stalking off to the garden. She didn't get very far because she froze in her tracks the moment she arrived.

     "Mom?! May?!" She squealed, seeing her family at the garden with Maxon who was grinning at her.

       May squealed and rushed to her and hugged her tightly. "Ames you look so gorgeous!"

        "Aw thanks. As do you! What are you guys doing here?" America asked.

        "Maxon asked us to come and who would turn down an invitation to go to the palace!" May said.

         "Ah well I'm so glad! I miss you guys!" America smiled, hugging her mother.

         "Yes yes. We must go to our rooms and leave you to be. I mean just hang. I-bye," Her mother said before grabbing May and rushing off.

       "What was that all about?" America laughed.

        Maxon shrugged before rubbing the back of his neck.

       America eyed him suspiciously as well. "Okayyy," she said before grinning and throwing her arms around him. "Thank you so much for bringing them here, Maxon. I've missed them."

       "I'm glad you like it. But thats not all," Maxon said.

       "It isnt??" America said, surprised. Maxon linked arms with her before leading her to their bench.

        In the bench was a picnic box and a blanket for the grass. It was like their first picnic in the Selection.

        "Oh Maxon it's amazing. I love it. Thank you," America said, smiling and hugging him.

       "I'm glad," Maxon said then rubbed the back of his neck again. "Shall we?" He motioned to the blanket on the grass and he placed the basket on the middle.

      "We shall."