Chapter 20

"Happy birthday, Gerad," America grinned, kissing him in the forehead and ruffling his hair. She gave him a bunch of present which she got yesterday from the store.

       "Thanks, Ames!" Gerad grinned, shaking his head and America squeaked as she got sprayed.

       "Oh you've started it. Come here you twerp!" America chuckled, running after him. He jumped in the pool and America just chuckled before walking off to the party area to help set up.

     Before she got there she had put on a really cute bathing suit she found. But it wasn't like she's ever gonna remove the top for people to see it.

       She was setting up the balloon by the tables when Maxon snuck up behind her and hugged her from behind.

      "Hello, darling," Maxon whispered, kissing her cheek.

       "Maxon," America smiled, turning around to look at him. She wasn't dissapointed. He was on a light blue trunks with little crowns on them and he had a tight shirt on. Right. His back. Of course he wouldn't go shirtless in front of the whole pool people. "You look rather dashing."

       "And so do you, darling," Maxon smirked, kissing the back of her ear and pulling her close.

        "Behave," America giggled, pushing him by his chest. "It's a children's party."

        "Right. Well to be continued," Maxon winked before helping out as well. "How did the interview go?"

         "It went well. Mr. Laroque remembered me and hired me on the spot. How about you?" America asked.

         "Well they loved my pictures and also hired me. I think some of it came from me being the former prince and all but hey I'm hired," Maxon shrugged.

        "Exactly," America replied, doing some last minute touches on decors before she was going to go head to the pool. Everything was perfect.

      Till the devil herself arrived.

      Oh my gods.

       Daphne wore a bathing suit that was revealing and sexy. She had really prominent lipstick on and she walked like she was on a catwalk.

       She smiled, almost running to where Maxon was. She completely ignored America.

       "Maxon, hey," She smiled, purposely pursing her lips.

        "Daphne," Maxon nodded politely.

        "Want to head down to swim?" Daphne asked, stripping her top off and showing her long legs.

        America made a sound that almost sounded like a growl. That...ughh.

       Daphne walked gracefully to the pool, taking her time on the stairs and looking up to Maxon. "You coming?"

      Oh she was going to get it.

      "Maxon, can you help me put some sunscreen on?" America asked, shucking off her blazer top and revealing her bathing suit.

      Maxons eyes widened as he took her in. A mischievous smirk appeared on his lips. "Why sure, darling."

        He grabbed the sunscreen before sitting them both down on the chair. He started with her back and America arched her back to his hand. She smirked, watching Daphne scowl. 

        "I thought we were supposed to be behaving," Maxon whispered, pressing a kiss on her collarbone. 

        "Behaving is overrated," America shrugged, kissing him right in front of Daphne. Thankfully, all the kids were on the kids side of the pool.

         "Hmmm," Maxon just chuckled before getting back to work on her sunscreen. "Like I said, to be continued later."

        America pouted but accepted it. "Let's swim?"

       "Okay," Maxon said, putting back the sunscreen and scooping her up in his arms. He started for the pool.

        "Maxon! Put me down! Dont! MAXON CALIX SHREAVE!" America screamed before she was thrown into the pool with Maxon bursting out laughing and jumping in himself.

        America surfaced, glaring and tackled him in the water.

       For a while, everything was great.

      America laughed and laughed at Maxon during the pinata game.

      "So I just have to hit the horse?" Maxon said clueless.

      "Yes," America laughed.

       "But it'll destroy it," Maxon said.

       "That's the point," America laughed.

       "But...,"

      "JUST HIT IT!" The kids screamed at him.

     Maxon sighed and hit it. It broke and showered the ground with candy.

     Maxon got trampled as kids poured in.

     America laughed, pulling him away from the chaos.

      "Well....that's interesting...," Maxon chuckled, watching the kids.

      "Have you never had a party before? I mean birthday party?" America asked, hugging him.

     "No. I haven't," Maxon said, hugging back and resting his chin on the top of her head.

      "Hmmm alright. Once their done, the party is fin-," America was saying but got interrupted when Maxons phone rang.

      "Hold on a moment, darling," Maxon said, letting go to check his phone. "Oh. It's Julian."

       "Well answer it," America said.

       Maxon answered it.

      "Thank God. Maxon. France declared war on us." Julian replied.