Chapter 13

Julian was late. Utterly and disrespectfully late. He skidded to Leelas door and almost fell over. He had to take care of some stuff then changed. He knocked on the door.

      Leela opened the door not a minute later. She raised her eyebrows at his looks. His hair was tasled and messy. His tie was crooked and he had a wild look in his eyes. "You alright, your majesty?"

      "Hmm? Oh yes yes I'm fine, love. And please just call me Julian," Julian waved the title off. "Shall we?"

     "Yeah," Leela nodded then stepped out her door and began walking out. She stopped. "Where are we going?"

     "You'll see, love," Julian chuckled, linking his arms through hers and leading the way. Leela shrugged and followed step by step.

    Eventually, Julian opened the doors to the back yard of the castle.

     "Um..what are we doing outside the castle?" Leela frowned.

     "Shh. You'll find out soon. First, put the blindfold on," Julian grinned, motioning for her to turn around.

    Leela was suspicious but turned around and a second later, Julian covered her eyes.

     Julian began to lead her into a path to whatever he planned. Soon, he stopped and the blindfold came off.

    Leela blinked to get her eyes used to the light. Then she gasped. "Ohmygods."

     In the back of the palace was a hot air balloon. In the hot air balloon was a table with a picnic basket. There laid several types of sweets and drinks.v

     "So? How is it?" Julian blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. He liked to go over the top on dates with the girls.

     "I-I love it. It's amazing but...I have a fear of heights," Leela whispered.

      "Oh, no worries it won't go that high. Plus I'll be there with you the whole time to help you through. I've got you, love," Julian chuckled.

      "I'm not your love," Leela sighed, getting tired of the name.

       "Why you are. Technically we are dating at the moment and it's our first date. You are all love to me," Julian said, opening the door of the hot air balloon. "Shall we?" He asked, pulling a chair open for her.

      Leela bit her lip, staring at the ride then eventually gave up and sat down. Julian closed the door behind them and sat down as well. He motioned for the person to let the balloon go and the ropes were untied. Julian lit the fire and then the balloon started to go up. Leela let up a small whimper. Julian held her hand the whole time. When they got to a good height, he paused the balloon there. It had a beautiful view of the sun rising and beautiful color of clouds.

     "Wow," Leela whispered, staring at the view. It was absolutely beautiful and breath taking.

        "I'm glad you like it," Julian grinned, before starting to lay out all the food from inside the picnic box.

       Leela eyed the food suspiciously because all the food were her favorite back home.

      Julian caught her looking and blushed. "I might have asked your twin to tell me all your favorites."

      Leela let out a giggle then covered her mouth before shying away. "I um...thanks."

       "Why do you do that? It's like you're afraid to show yourself and I don't get it. You're absolutely breath taking and sweet and kind. There's nothing you can do that will ruin you for me, Leela. It's okay," Julian said, stroking her hand.

       Leela blushed at that. "I-I don't really have many experience with...dating and all. None at all actually. Lacy is the one with all the dating and flirting and confidence. You're just...my first I guess," Leela shrugged.

       "Oh," Julian said, not knowing what else to say.

        "Yeah. Anyways," Leela said, her stomach growling.

        Julian let out a laugh. "Yeah I think I agree with your stomach."

       Leela chuckled and nodded. "I didn't exactly eat breakfast."

       "Well then. Let's dig in," Julian chuckled, letting her hand go and eating. Leela followed after.

     It was an over all amazing date. Once they were done eating, they collapsed the table and watched the view at the edge with Julian holding her hand the whole time and Leela resting against him.

     After an hour, they finally started going down and back to the palace.

      Julian opened the door for her like a gentlemen and let her go first before following. "Well I've had a lovely time, Leela. It's been truly eye opening. I hope to do that again soon," he said, lifting her hand to his lips and kissing it before leaving.

     And that was how their date went.