Chapter 4 - Good Form

A while later, they were still searching. David had the torch to relit, while Emma was busy looking at the wall. Then she saw a sort of a bed and tried to move the pillow, but it failed. "Need a hand, luv?" Hook asked.

"It that a joke?"

"Hmm. No. I'm being quite serious." Hook helped Emma with to remove the pillow.

Emma saw marks on the wall. "Wow." Evelynn saw it to and walked to Emma to get a closer look to get to see what's on the wall.

"What is it?" David asked as he walked closer to Emma.

"It appears Neal marked his days trapped on this island." Hook replied.

Emma noticed something and jumped on the small ledge to get a closer look. "What's wrong?" Mary Margaret asked as she also walked to them.

"Look here." Emma replied as she pointed at something. "Neal stopped counting."

"Cause he got off the island." Evelynn comment a little lamely.

"He was here longer."

"Then why would he...." David started to ask as Emma interrupted him.

"Because he lost hope."

"You got that from scribbles?" Regina asked as she walked closer to them.

"I got that because it's what I did every time I went to a new foster home." Emma replied as she jumped off. "I counted days until counting seemed pointless."

"You think the same thing's happening to Henry." David said.

"Pan said that it would."

"Hey. We're gonna rescue him."

"Yeah, I know that and you know that, but Henry doesn't know that. Pan wants him to lose faith."

"So what, you want to send him a message? Because I haven't seen a Neverland post office. What are you suggesting?" Regina asked.

"We take a page from Pan and we start being clever. We need to send a simple sign, a sign that we're coming."

"Yeah, with lost boys running around, trying to kill us all?"

"Yeah, maybe it's time we used that to our advantage." Mary Margaret suggested.

"How?" Evelynn asked firmly.

"Follow me. I'll show you." Mary Margaret said as she walked out of the cave and the others followed her.

When they were back to the camp, the ladies were making ropes, David was out in the woods to get vines. Hook was sitting by the ladies and was drinking rum. Evelynn saw that Emma and Hook where making eyes each other, she make a face and worked further on the ropes. Until Regina spoke up. "A trap? That's your plan?" She asked.

"The lost boys wanna come after us, we need to go after them." Mary Margaret replied.

"You really think a lost boy is gonna betray Pan?" Hook asked with his rum in his hand.

"Thanks for the advice." Just then, David walked back into the camp. "David?"

"Yeah?"

"We need more vines."

"On it." Then David turned to Hook. "You're coming with me, pirate."

"Why is that?"

"Because we need more rope." Emma replied to Hook.

"If the lady insists." Hook comment as he followed David into the woods.

~-0-~

Later came David and Hook back, Hook told the others about that he first on the island before with his brother. He also told them that he lost his brother and had a satchel, inside of it is a sextant. And he told that he and David found a piece of from the satchel in the jungle. Hook also told them that maybe the sextant survived and wanted to find it. "A sextant? You're telling us about this now?" Emma asked.