Chapter 16 - The Jolly Roger

Regina and Evelynn came in the loft of the Charming's. "And, thanks to me, you won't. I'm finished." Regina comment as she had heard them.

David looked at her. "So? Did it work? Were you able to put up a new protection spell?"

Regina nodded. "One that can't be undone by blood magic, which means Zelena won't be able to put her hands on that baby."

Mary Margaret looked at her. "Any idea why she would want to?"

Evelynn shrugged. "I don't know."

"The number of spells involving baby parts would surprise you. That greenie is clearly one twisted witch. But as long as we're in here, we're safe." Regina added.

"That's useless. I think we need to stop playing defence and start taking the fight to her." Emma told them.

"Did you not see how I barely outwitted her yesterday? She has magic... Powerful magic." Regina sighed.

"Yes, I have noticed too." Evelynn muttered.

"I have magic, too. You've seen me use it. I just can't always control it. But if we teamed up, if you... Taught me..." Emma told her.

"Maybe me too?" Evelynn added.

Regina looked at them. "Now, why does this feel so familiar?"

"I'm ready this time." Emma told her.

Regina glanced at her little sister. "Okay. But if we do this, we do this my way. This isn't drinking stale coffee at a stakeout or... Whatever you did as a bail bondsperson. This is a way of life. You have to fully commit to it."

"Not a problem." Emma told her.

"Meet me at my vault in two hours." Regina told to Emma as then she looked at Evelynn. "Evelynn?"

"Yes?" Evelynn asked.

"Come." Regina gestured to her as then they leave the loft.

-------------

Evelynn was practising her magic, she was a natural. Regina was pleased. "You are a natural, Evelynn."

"Thank you, Regina." Evelynn comment. Then, she asked. "So, what can you learn me next?"

Regina grabbed potions. "How about potions?"

"Okay." Evelynn replied.

Regina held up a potion, the sleeping curse. "The sleeping curse affect: The victim remains eternally asleep, but the soul is sent to the Netherworld where the person experiences dreams made of his or her own regrets. While under the influence of the curse, the victim's body mimics the appearance of death with no involuntary movement or breathing. The sleeping curse does not work if inflicted by force. A single drop of the sleeping curse, mixed with sea water and toadstool, puts the person in a state of catatonia. curse victims are repeatedly subject to common, horrible nightmares, which feature a red doorless, windowless room, with fiery curtains and engulfing flames. The dreams fade over a prolonged period of time. If a sleeping curse has been cast on someone, that person is immune to the effects of a large-scale sleeping spell. A sleeping curse can also stop one's pregnancy and make someone unable to accelerate it with an aging spell. If a person is under a sleeping spell, it may be dangerous to wake them up with magic. The reason for this is unknown."

"That's many." Evelynn comment.

"It is." Regina agreed. "And for the sleeping curse to break: True love's kiss – The sleeping curse's effects can be lifted with the power of a kiss of true love. Pixie dust – The sleeping curse can theoretically be lifted in the name of "reuniting the true loves" by sprinkling the pixie dust over the victim(s) who also must have a true love. Sharing the curse – Rarely, the sleeping curse's effect can be turned into sleeping spells by creating exactly the same curse and having it taken by lots of people so that its normal effects can be lowered."