Chapter 20 - Snow Drifts and There's No Place Like Home

Mr. Gold Pawnbroker & Antiquities Dealer. Gold took the Dark One's Dagger, placed it in a wooden box, and using magic seals and the box closed. Belle and Evelynn entered, Belle was carrying the counterfeit dagger. “Okay, this... this is too much power to keep with me.”

Gold looked at her. “No, I don't want it, Belle. The point was I trust you.”

Belle sighed. “I know. Well, then, is there somewhere I can store it safely? Back in our land, in your castle, you had that vault? The one with no doors?”

“That was for only the most dangerous and unstable magic, that which even I could not comprehend.” Gold replied. Evelynn looked at them.

Belle held up the dagger. “And this doesn't qualify?”

“No.” Gold replied. “You see, I understand this all too well. I left that vault and all its dangers behind. But this dagger is not dangerous because, as I said, I trust you. Let's discuss something a bit more pleasant. Our wedding.”

Belle smiled. “Yes. Oh, and I told my father the good news, and he gave us his blessing.”

Gold raised an eyebrow. “The man who kidnapped you in order to keep us apart.”

“Hmm.” Evelynn hummed, knowing the story.

“Well, I've forgiven him, and he's forgiven you. He knows you're a changed man. I mean, everyone does. Especially me.” Belle comment. They kissed.

Then, Evelynn spoke up. “Papa, what about my skin? Not here but in the Enchanted Forest.”

“We aren’t in the Enchanted Forest.” Gold replied to her. “I don’t think it would be a problem here.”

“But if it was?” Evelynn asked.

Gold looked at her, even Belle looked at her. “Why would you ask?”

“No reason.” Evelynn replied.

“Hmm.” Gold hummed, not really believing her.

------------------
Granny's Diner, the residents of Storybrooke celebrated Zelena's defeat. Gold, Evelynn and Belle entered. They saw a light from the outside. The portal was open. “That is a problem. That light is from Zelena's time portal. It's open.” Gold told them all.

“It is.” Evelynn added.

---------------

Not much later, Belle, Evelynn, David, Gold, Regina and Robin entered the Storybrooke Sheriff Department to find Zelena's cell empty. David looked in shock. “Zelena... she's gone.”

Regina was shocked as well. “No. She was here when I left her.”

“But if she escaped, that would explain the time portal.” Belle added.

“Yes.” Evelynn comment.

Regina looked at them. “Impossible. Without her pendant, she's powerless. How could she have escaped, let alone open a time portal without magic?” She eyed Gold. “Unless you did something to her.” All eyes in the room turned to Gold.

Gold looked at them. “Well, I'm sorry to disappoint, but no. Even if I wanted to, Belle has my dagger. She would certainly curb any homicidal tendencies.” Evelynn snored.

Belle glared at bit at Evelynn. “It's true.”

“Sorry.” She muttered.

Just then, David spoke up. “Well, if she escaped, let's find out how.” He began to check the security cameras.

“Wonderful.” Gold muttered to himself. The footage came onto the monitor, showing Zelena was sitting in her cell. On the other side of the room, Gold magically waved his hand, causing the screen to go to static.