Chapter 15 - It's Not Easy Being Green

Storybrooke graveyard. Mourners, including Emma, Mary Margaret, David, Regina, Robin Hood, Richard Hood, Hook, Henry, Evelynn and Belle attend Neal’s funeral. Neal was laid to rest. Hook took up a shovel and scoops soil to bury Neal’s coffin. Regina, David, Evelynn and Belle followed Hook’s example. Then Emma encouraged Henry to scoop soil on his father’s coffin. Lastly, Emma herself took up a shovel.

--------------------

Later, everyone went to Granny’s Diner. From a distance, Regina watched Robin Hood ordering drinks. Evelynn sat next to her, frowning. Then, Tinker Bell entered the diner. As Tinker Bell walked past Robin, she noticed the lion tattoo on his arm. “It’s the lion tattoo. It’s what was prophesied. He’s your soul mate.”

“I know. I saw it yesterday.” Regina whispered.

Tinker Bell looked at her. “And you didn’t tell me?”

“Well, right now I have better things to do than gossip about boys!” Regina exclaimed.

“Like the witch that have my father.” Evelynn muttered.

Balancing four glasses, Robin Hood joined them. “Care for a drink?” Tinker Bell took one.

Evelynn took the other one. “Thank you.” Then Richard came into the diner. Evelynn noticed him, she had a small smile on her face.

Robin Hood turned to addressed Regina. “I do hope I didn’t upset you yesterday.”

Regina was introducing Tinker Bell to him. “Robin Hood, Tinker Bell. Tinker Bell, Robin Hood.”

Tinker Bell shook his hand. “I’ve been wanting to meet you for a very long time.”

“And no, you didn’t upset me. I just found a clue trail that needed to be followed. One that didn’t lead anywhere.” Regina gestured towards the offered glass, then stopped herself. “I don’t daytime drink.”

“Ah well, perhaps in the evening then.” Robin nodded and took his leave.

“What was all that about? Didn’t you learn anything from the last time you screwed this up? If you had been open to the possibility of love when you first saw him, maybe your life wouldn’t have turned out so...” Tinker Bell stopped herself mid-sentence.

“So what? How did my life turn out?” Regina asked.

“Why am I even bothering?” Tinker Bell walked away. Regina looked at Evelynn, who shrugged.

---------------

Evelynn walked towards Richard, she had a small smile. “Hello.”

“Hello, milady.” Richard greeted her.

Just then, Zelena entered, holding the Dark One's Dagger in one hand. “My condolences. So sorry I’ve missed the funeral, but I could never pass up to wake. Oh, did I miss the speeches? Shall I make one? I mean, I am, after all, responsible.” She smirked.

Emma leaped forward. Mary Margaret seized her daughter’s arm. “Emma, no. Too many people will get hurt.”

Zelena looked at her. “Listen to your mother. Anyone who tries to interfere with my plan is gonna have to deal with the Dark One!”

David was shielding a pregnant Mary Margaret. “Don’t come any closer.”

“Don’t worry. I’m not here for your baby. Not today, anyway.” Zelena told him.

Regina stepped forwards. “Then why are you here?”

Zelena smirked, glancing at Evelynn. “Now, that my cover's blown, I can finally pay a visit to my little sisters.”

Evelynn walked over to Regina. “What do you mean?”

“Who the hell are you talking about?” Regina asked.

Zelena looked at them. “Why you, of course, Regina, Evelynn.”

Emma blinked. “What?”

“I’m an only child.” Regina told her.

“I am too, only child.” Evelynn added.

Zelena looked at them. “Cora lied to you, Regina, Evelynn. I’m your sister. Half, if you to get technical.”

“What?” Evelynn exclaimed.

Regina frowned. “Why should I believe anything you say?”

Zelena looked at them. “Oh, you shouldn’t. It’s a lot to swallow. This is why I brought a gift to help.”

“I want nothing from you.” Evelynn comment.

“I don’t want a gift from you.” Regina hissed.

“But you shall have it. See, my gift to you is that sad, sad day. Use it to dig into our past, Regina, Evelynn. You need to learn the truth and you must believe it. And then, meet me on Main Street tonight. Say, sundown.” Zelena told them.

“And then what?” Regina asked for herself and Evelynn.

Zelena looked at them. “Then I’ll destroy you.”

“This isn’t the Wild West.” Regina hissed.

“No, dear. It’s the Wicked West.” Zelena smirked as then she turned around to face the assembled guests. “And I want everyone to be there. To see the Evil Queen and Evelynn lose.”

“I don’t lose.” Regina comment. Evelynn shrugged, she still bad at magic.

“Neither do I.” Zelena smirked. “One of us is about to make history. See you tonight, sisters.”

------------------------

David, Emma, Mary Margaret, Regina, Evelynn and Tinker Bell attempted to make sense of Zelena's threat. David looked at them. “And you’re sure Cora never said anything about her and Evelynn?”

Regina scoffed. “I think I would remember if my mother told me she had a love child with a scarecrow.”

“It would mean that my father had something with Cora.” Evelynn comment.

Emma looked at them. “It doesn’t matter if Zelena is your sister or not. She wants you dead. Any idea why?”

“I’ve never even met her before today.” Regina replied to her.

“Neither have I.” Evelynn sighed.

Emma looked at them. “Doesn’t mean you did something to piss her off.”

“I was in Neverland.” Evelynn scoffed. “I couldn’t have pissed someone off.”

Then, Tinker Bell looked at Regina. “You did manage to step a lot on people’s toes back in our world.”

“Well, none of them were green.” Regina comment.

“There’s that missing year. Maybe you did something to her then.” Granny gut in. 

Regina looked at her. “Stick to the lasagna, lady. It’s starting to sound an awful lot like you’re on her side.” Then, she began leaving.

Emma looked at her. “Where are you going?”

“To find out exactly what this witch thinks I did to her.” Regina replied.

----------------------------------

Regina's vault. Regina was looking for something. Mary Margaret and Evelynn were watching her nearby. Mary Margaret sighed. “Regina, is she telling the truth?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t found anything yet.” Regina replied to her.

“Are you sure Cora didn’t set any traps or stuff?” Mary Margaret asked. “I don’t think a sleeping curse would be good for the baby.”

“Sleeping curse?” Evelynn muttered.

Just then, Regina picked up a letter. Emma joined Mary Margaret and Evelynn. “David, Belle and Tink are locking down main street in case this fight actually happens.”

“Great.” Evelyn sighed.

Mary Margaret looked at Regina. “Regina, did you find something?”

Regina was reading silently. “A letter.”

Emma looked at Regina. “What does it say?”

Regina looked up from the letter. “Zelena and Evelynn are my sisters.” She glanced at Evelynn, who looked in shock.

“Regina, what is it?” Mary Margaret asked.

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it. It’s my fight. I got it handled.” Hurriedly, Regina walked past Emma, Evelynn and Mary Margaret and leaves the vault.

Emma looked at the others. “What the hell was in that letter?”

Evelynn shrugged, lost for words as she was still in shock.

------------------------------------

Much later, Main street. Citizens assembled to watch the upcoming fight. Emma looked at others. “Have you seen Regina or Evelynn?”

Mary Margaret shook with her head. “Not since the vault.”

“If they haven’t get them soon that witch will take it out on all of us.” Tinker Bell comment.

“Let’s take everybody out of here before that happens.” David turned to the crowd. “Alright, listen up. We need you to get back to your home.”

Just then, Zelena and Gold appeared. “No one’s going anywhere.” The crowd backed away from them. “This show needs an audience.” Then she looked at Mr. Clark. “Out of my way, munchkin.”

“I’m a dwarf.” Mr. Clark stuttered.

Zelena made a face. “That’s even worse. Where are they? Don’t tell me. They are cowards. This isn’t good. For all of you. If my sisters aren’t here in five minutes I’m going to let the Dark One of his leash.” Five minutes later. “Time’s up. Who’d you wanna kill first, Rumple?”

Emma stepping forward. “He’s not kill anyone. If you wanna fight someone, Zelena, fight me.”

“Sorry dear, I don’t dance with amateurs.” Zelena told her.

Emma looked at her. “I’m not an amateur. I’m the savior.”

“Looks like someone has an inflated sense of self-worth.” Zelena looked at Gold who directed his magic at Emma causing her to fall backwards. “Anybody else wanna give it a go?”

Regina and Evelynn walked towards her. “We do.” The crowd made room for them as Regina added. “Didn’t anyone tell you? Black is my colour.”

Zelena chuckled. “But it looks so much better on me. I was beginning to think you two aren’t going to show up.”

“I couldn’t let my sister off that easily.” Regina comment.

“Neither do I.” Evelynn added.

Zelena looked at them. “So, you’ve finally accepted me into the family?”

“We shared a mother.” Evelynn replied.

Regina nodded. “I’ve accepted that we shared a mother, yes. But I still have one question: What the hell did I ever do to you?”

“Isn’t it obvious? You were born.” Zelena hissed.

Suddenly, Regina slapped her in the face. “I’ve been waiting to do that. All day.”

“Rumpelstiltskin can’t save you this time.” Zelena hissed. Evelynn looked angry.

-------------------------------

Gold was standing between them as Zelena faces Regina and Evelynn. “He should’ve chosen me.”

“Who?” Regina asked.

“Rumpelstiltskin.” Zelena hissed.

"That’s my papa you are talking about, who had shared a bed with Cora, our mother apparently.” Evelynn pointed it out. Gold made a face.

“That’s what this is about? You’re jealous of me?” Regina looked up and focused her magic at a set of traffic lights causing a pair of traffic lights to fell down.

Zelena changed the direction of the piece so that it cannot harm her. Bystanders jumped startled. “You still don’t realize what you had. You never did. You got everything I ever wanted and you didn’t even deserve it. But I’m gonna take it all from you.” Magically, Zelena jostled Regina away causing her to crash backwards into a blue car.

“My Miata.” Doc cried out.

Evelynn stood there, never had a witch fight in her live as Regina recovered and walked up to Zelena. Again she used magic forming a fireball in one hand. However, before she’s able to use it Zelena put out the fire. Zelena lifted her sister up into the air chocking her at the same time. “You can’t beat me, little sis. Everything Rumpelstiltskin taught you, he taught me, too. But I was the better student.” She send Regina flying through the Clock Tower’s window, then teleports herself close to Regina.

Moments later, Zelena leaves as Gold disappeared in purple smoke. Then, Emma, Mary Margaret, Evelynn and David joined Regina. Mary Margaret looked at her. “Are you alright?”
Regina looked at her. “I’m still alive, aren’t I?”

“Gold disappeared. We thought that meant she...” David was interrupted.

Regina scoffed. “defeated me? Hardly.”

Mary Margaret blinked. “You’ve won?”

“Don’t act so surprised. As it turns out Zelena wanted my heart. It’s a good thing I wasn’t stupid enough to bring it with me.” Regina replied to her.

“And I did nothing.” Evelynn sighed.

“It’s not your fault.” Emma reassured her.

“I know.” Evelynn nodded.

David looked at Regina. “Any idea why she wants it?”

“Well, she got your courage and wants my heart. Those are ingredients.” Regina replied.

“For what? A curse?” Emma asked to them all.

“We’re already in Storybrooke. We’ve already lost our memories. What else could she do to us?” Mary Margaret replied to her.