Chapter 19 - Kansas

Mary Margaret was rushed to the hospital, cause she was in labour, but also that’s when Zelena knew and she is coming. They had to call Evelynn to help them. Now, outside  of the room, Emma, Evelynn and Regina encircled the room with a protection spell. Emma looked at them. “You really think this protection spell will be enough to hold her off?”

“It depends, if your brand of magic is stronger than hers. If it is, no one wielding dark magic will be able to get in here.” Regina replied to her.

“Right.” Evelynn muttered.

“That doesn’t sound like a vote of confidence.” Emma comment.

“It isn’t.” Evelynn added.

“It isn’t, but we’re out of options.”  Regina exited.

“I need to see if Richard is ready.” Evelynn hurried after. Emma frowned after her.

--------------

After she checked with Richard, she came back as Emma was talking with David and Hook, Regina came back as well. She told to Emma. “Go. I’ll keep him safe.”

“Thank you.” Emma told her.

Hook looked at Emma. “You ready, Swan?”

“Yeah. Let’s end this.” Emma nodded.

“What did I miss?” Evelynn asked as then Regina explained it to her.

-------------

Later, Leroy and Mr. Clark were entering the lobby were Robin, Richard and three of their men were waiting. Robin knelt down. “Steady, men. Steady.” He comment as he and his men took aim. Just then, doors flew open and Zelena and Gold walked in.

“Aim true.” Richard comment. “For Little John.” Zelena waved her hand and all five men passed out.

-----------------

Then, Zelena and Gold turned the corner and they saw Belle. “Didn't you learn your lesson the last time?" Zelena asked as she showed her the Dagger. “This is more powerful than your true love.”

“I refuse to believe that.” Belle told her.

“Belle, go.” Gold pleaded.

“Listen to him, dear.” Zelena snarled.

“No.” Belle shook with her head. “You've put him through enough pain.”

“I'm not nearly done.” Zelena waved her hand as Belle passed out. Gold caught Belle as she fell. “Your taste in women really has gone downhill.” She laughed. “Leave her, dearie. Chop-chop!”

----------------

Zelena made her wait upstairs, outside Mary Margaret's room. Regina looked at Henry and said, “Henry go with Evelynn. Find a close and lock yourselves inside. You don't want to see this. It won't be pretty.”

"Come on, Henry," Evelynn took Henry to a nearby storage closet.

“No, it won't.” Zelena snarled.

“Take another step and I'll roast you.”  Regina threatened her.

“Please.” Zelena rolled with eyes. Regina got ready to do something but she used her magic to break the protection spell and knocked Regina against the wall.

---------------------

Later, Regina, Evelynn and Henry were gathered outside of the room. Evelynn saw David rushing out. “Where are you going?” She asked.

“I’m getting my son back.” David replied.

“You're gonna get yourself killed!” Regina exclaimed. “David, think about this!”

“What's there to think about?” David asked back.

“Don't let him get hurt.” Henry comment.

Just then, Emma and Hook came in. “What's going on here?” Emma asked, looking at them.

David looked at his daughter. “What happened? Did you find Zelena?”

“I did but I couldn't stop her.” Emma replied, looking guilty.

“She took your brother.” David told her.

“Because I failed?” Emma asked.

“We're all still here. So, you haven't failed just yet.” Hook replied.

“Hook's right. Come on.” David added.

Just then, Emma stopped him. “No, wait. Zelena took my magic.”

“How in the world?” Evelyn asked her.

“How the hell did that happen?” Regina added.

Emma didn’t look at them. “Doesn't matter how. It just happened. So we need to find another way to stop her.”

“There is no other way.” Regina sighed.

Just then, Henry got an idea. “What a minute. There is another way.” He looked at Regina. “You can do it.”

Regina looked at her son. “Sweetheart, I don't think I can survive Round Three with my sister.”

“And I’m no match for her.” Evelynn comment.

“Glinda was pretty specific: Only the purveyor of the strongest light magic can defeat her.” David added.

“Zelena only beat you because you were using dark magic against her.” Henry explained.

“But… it's all I have.” Regina sighed.

Emma looked at her. “No, it's not. When you kissed Henry, that was true love's kiss. That's light magic.”

“See? You can do it.” Henry added.

“Henry, I don't even have my heart right now.” Regina told him.

Henry looked at his mother. “That doesn't matter. You broke the curse without it. And I know you still love me. I know there's good in you.”

Just then, Robin walked up, with his brother Richard. “He's right. I know you can beat that witch.”

Regina had doubts. “But, I don't…”

“You have to.” Emma added.

“Indeed, you will have to.” Evelynn comment.

“Once upon a time you were a villain, Mom.” Henry told his mother. “But you've changed. You're a hero now. And defeating bad guys is what heroes do. I believe in you. Now, you need to believe, too.”

------------

Evelynn didn’t come with them, instead she was with Richard at the camp they were staying. Till things got better, meaning they would win. “How’s the little man?” She asked to Richard, seeing him watching over Roland.

“Sleeping.” Richard replied.

Evelynn smiled. “You know, they gonna win this.”

“I know, but I can’t help, but wonder...” Richard trailed off.

Evelynn grabbed his hand. “Don’t worry, please.”

“Okay.” Richard nodded.

Not much later, they heard hear the news that they had won and they baby was back by his parents.

------------

Author's note: Sorry for the short chapter! I wanted to make things differently! 😁