A CONFESSION...?

It was the golden evening... Thus no doubt our protagonist was busy satisfying the tongues of a large crowd...

Reyansh's Side :

"And what would you like to order !?"
"One grilled sandwhich and one black coffee pls..."
"Sure..."

As Reyansh turned around to plate the steaming sandwiches , an enthusiastic voice broke in , increasing positivity in the decorum by ten folds...
"Bhaiiii !"
"Haa... Pehle ye order de k aa unko..."
Ankit did as instructed and with an ever present smile on his face , came and stood before Reyansh.

"Haa ab baata..."
"Kuch nhi... Bas aaj man yunhi bohot khush hu..."
"Accha to use aur thora khush kr le.. Ye try kr..." Reyansh forwarded a plate before him.
"Chocolate tart !" Ankit went forward and took a bite. "....With a silent hint of Tiramisu !"
"Actually they were searching for a new variety of desert in the cafe... So I came up with this... Kesa h ?!"
"Exquisite ! Just awesome..."
"My pleasure..." Reyansh made a pretentious bow at which Ankit broke into a loud laughter that simultaneously took him to a very old memory that was resting in a reserved corner of his mind...

"Abe try kr na... Accha bana hoga..." An enthusiastic 17 yr old Reyansh spoke , forwarding a plate to Ankit who reluctantly accepted it and took a bite...
"Eww... Ye kya chiz h..."
"Itna ganda h kya ?"
"Bohot..."
"Tujhe kuch nhi pta... Ruk mein try krta hu..."
"Haa...Haa... Kr..kr..."
"Yuck ! Ye kya chiz h !?"
"Wahi punch khud se..." Saying this Ankit dived in for another bite
"Abe kya kr rha h... Mat kha..." Reyansh said with a sense of guilt
"Ganda h but fir bhi... Mein tujhse zyada khaunga..."
"Accha esi baat h !? Ruk mein batata hu terko..." And Reyansh too stuffed his mouth with the food.

It took an hour so ; spitting , choking , blaming , cursing...but not leaving the food uneaten...

(Present time :)

"Kis type k idiot the na hum ?!" Ankit said through the laughs
"Haa aur uske baad do din tak sirf toilet paper aur hotbag k sahare zinda rehena para tha..." Reyansh added
"Washroom to jesa humara ghar ban chuka tha..."
"Wese esa dala kya tha meine...?"
"Tu rehne de... Aur soch ne ki zarurat nhi h..." Ankit resumed his laughter.
Reyansh shot an angry glare but then joined in along with him.

"Jokes apart... This is really good..." Ankit praised as he took a second bite.
"Kal boss ko pasand aye to accha ho..." Reyansh prayed.
"I think... Ye itna sundar khana khake Rohini has 100% chance of falling for u instead of a good-for-nothing like me..." Ankit gave a brisk laugh.

But to Reyansh the matter did not appear as lightly as Ankit had actually meant it to be. He held a tense expression for quite sometime and then reforming them , spoke but with less enthusiasm as before
"I don't think so... U said Rohini was different... Even I don't think she's like every other girl out there..."
"Ur right... She's just different..." Ankit said dreamily.
Reyansh was about to tease him when the sound of a message invaded the air. Reyansh checked his phone. It was a msg from Rohini....

"After u finish your work , meet me by the water fountain of the nearby park... I've something really important that I want to tell u... Pls do come... I'll be waiting..." The msg read.

Reyansh looked up at Ankit's smiling face that was radiating the positive energy of love from all sides. He had fallen in love like never before... Not with any treasure of the world would Reyansh want to exchange his best friend's happiness...but at times destiny just plays it hard...