THE COMPETITION

Reyansh was walking on the soft sand racing his mind through the incidents that took place today. He couldn't cross check his feelings enough for Rohini.
"No I didnt hurt her... I didnt hurt her... It would be bad if she stayed with me without genuine feelings..." was all that made a loop in his mind.
After he was sure enough to convince himself about his feelings , the fact that Ankit got hurt once again pricked him to the core. As he kicked a small pebble nearby , his gaze followed and met Ankit who was walking lifelessly down the sand. Seeing the pebble he looked up. A crafty smile got plastered on his face.
"Tu itni der raat tak yaha !? Kam p nhi jana h terko kal ?" He said coming up to Reyansh. His voice buzzed a happy charm. Reyansh kept a cold straight face.
"Re... Chal ghar chalte h.. Raat k 3:30 baj rhe h... Agar kal zombie banke nhi guzar na h to chal..." He put a hand on Reyansh's shoulder trying to get him going.

"Idiot..." Reyansh muttered.
"Huh !? Kya ?" Ankit asked still smiling.
"Stupid idiot..." He muttered again angrily.
"Tu kya bol-"
"If ur in pain then just say I'm hurt !...you Stupid Idiot.." Reyansh shouted.
He pulled Ankit into his arms.
"I know how its like to bottle up your emotions... Don't do this.... Don't..." He patted Ankit's back gently.
The smile slowly faded from Ankit's face. His eyes bulged up unable to hold the tears any longer. Reyansh remained silent as Ankit slowly brought down his emotions. He returned the hug and drenched his back as he let down the heavy tears from his eyes. Reyansh just stood there patting him. Small drops formed in his eyes but disappeared back inside. The silent night was invaded only by Ankit's wails which said it all... How difficult it was... And how long it was suppressed for...

Time passed. Neither of them cared to count the minutes. The comfort it provided to both was beyond all limits...

Finally Ankit left Reyansh rubbing his eyes that had turned into red tomatoes. Reyansh laughed. Ankit laughed too... This priceless bond was what Reyansh could die for. This transparency was the spirit that had kept it going for almost fifteen years now...

Now walking with their hands ducked inside their pockets , Ankit questioned
"Wese tujhe-"
"Mujhe kuch nhi pta kya hua h...I just saw u... I knew something was wrong... That's all.." Reyansh said casually. Ankit didnt seem to buy it in the first go but then just let it slide by...
"Kal dekhna tu kaam kese kr payega... Namak ki jagah shakkar mat dal diyo sote sote..." Ankit laughed.
"Haa chal chal... Paaka mat... Ye bhaisaab to vampire h jese.. Inko koi taklif nhi hogi... " Reyansh snapped.
They laughed.
"Ek baat bolu..." Reyansh stopped in his tracks and faced Ankit. "However bad or however worse the matter might be... Always know that-"
"Ur there for me..." Ankit finished the sentence for him. "I know... Wese bhi tu nhi bhi rehega na to ghasit k launga terko... Chal ab... Chote baccho jese senti ho jata h har baat p..." Ankit laughed and started walking.
"Accha mein baccha... Ruk... Tu ruk..." Reyansh pounced on Ankit and wrestling with another they walked towards their home.

The sun rose erasing all the black spots of the previous day and bringing in the bright new light for a bright new day.

Reyansh was opening up at the cafe as the customers started coming in , while working on his new dish which was the spotlight dish for today. He was in the kitchen when a worker came in and informed him that he had a visitor outside. Curious he went out to find that Priyanka was waiting for him restlessly.
"Kya baat h Nackchari Madam... Mujhse milne k liye itni besabar ho gyi ki dopeher tak bhi intezaar nhi hua..." Reyansh scoffed.
"Shut up ! Mein yaha p kuch important chiz batane ayi thi..."
"Kya ?" Reyansh said stopping his laughter.
"Rohini k bare mein..."
Reyansh transitioned to a serious face.
"I was talking to her yesterday... And I noticed she is quite fascinated by Ankit.. Like the way he consoled her really influenced her..." Priyanka explained.
"To ye to acchi bat h na..."
"Haa wo sab to thik h... But my concern lies somewhere else... Age chalkar if she develops any feelings for Ankit..." She hesitated.
"Haa to ?"
"Nhi matlab... I get that Ankit is a good person but up close wo kesa insaan h-..." She mumbled.
"Oo.. So ur concerned about this... Mujhe to laga pta nhi kya hi ho rha hoga..." Reyansh said with a sigh of relief.
"Ankit is-" He paused. "Well y don't u ask him yourself !?"
"Huh !?" Priyanka asked confused.
Reyansh turned her around to face Ankit who had just entered the cafe. He waved a hand at Reyansh. Reyansh waved back. Coming close Reyansh introduced them to each other.
"Ankit inse mil... She is my boss... Nackchari..." Priyanka shot him a death glare. "I mean Priyanka Ryankoi..." Priyanka forwarded a smile to Ankit. "Aur Priyanka this is..."
"I'm Ankit Dutt... Reyansh's friend.." Ankit introduced himself and they shaked hands. Reyansh was about to talk some more but a worker came running from the kitchen and whispered in his ear
"Reyansh tera khana jal rha h..."
"What !?" Reyansh exclaimed. "Oh shit... Tu-tu-tum log baat kro... Mein aata hu..."
"Re p..par..." Priyanka hesitated.
"Chal chal... Are yaar... Pura jal gya kya !?" Reyansh hurried inside.