PREPARING FOR THE VICTORY

A trolley rolled through the floor of the Ryankoi Enterprise. People met the owner with pleasant welcoming expressions.
"Ohhh ! Ur back !?" A worker chirped.
"Yes..." Came a sweet reply.
"Omg... He has become more handsome after coming back from abroad don't u think !?" Another worker whispered to her friend.
"Yeah ! I can't wait to see him cooking !" The friend replied dreamily.
The person who was being talked about laughed to himself.
"Re airport se sidha yaha aa gaye kya !?" Another staff questioned happily.
"Yeah..." He replied pleasantly.
"Hello... Hi ! Hello...." He went replying people politely on his way to the cafeteria.
Keeping his trolley in the lounge , he went towards the kitchen and flung open the kitchen doors. Reyansh who was working inside looked at this new guest with confused eyes which were met with the baffled eyes of the new intruder.
"Who..." He started.
"Oh ! I am Reyansh Sharma... I'm currently in my probation period at the Ryankoi Enterprise..." Reyansh introduced. "And who would you be..." He asked in a hesitated tone.
"I am Darshan Bhatt... The former cook for the Ryankoi Enterprise..." Darshan said smiling.

Kinshuk Vaidya as Darshan Bhatt

31 yrs old
After his parents died when he was like 18yrs , Mr. Ryankoi took him under his wing. He brought him up , educated him and carved him into a successful chef... He completed his studies abroad and now is back at the Ryankoi Enterprise... A good friend of Priyanka...

*****

"Oh... I see you're cooking something over there..." Darshan said glancing behind Reyansh.
"Oh... Yeah... I was just trying to get this curry right..." Reyansh said focusing back on the food.
"Let me try..." Darshan went forward and took a spoonful of the curry. After blowing on it for a few times he took a sip. "Um... Its good..."
"But there's something that just isn't balanced yet..." Reyansh said racing his mind through the ingredients.
"Its the hing..." Darshan said completing the food in his mouth. "The way you have balanced your spices is perfect but it seems you haved added a little more hing than what was required..." Darshan smiled and handed Reyansh a scoop of butter. "Try this... It'll help balance the taste..."

"Butter !? Let me try..." Reyansh did as instructed and then took a bite. "Umm... Much better..." He smiled.
"I should appreciate your cooking... That's one of the finest blend of spices I have ever tasted..." Darshan appreciated.
As Reyansh was about to thank him , Priyanka barged into the kitchen.

"Darshan !" She called out happily.
"Priya...!" Darshan went forward and reached out his hand. Both of them punched , took the hands out from between their elbows , did a thumbs up and ended their traditional way of greeting by slapping each others hand.
"Still the same even after five years..." Priyanka exclaimed happily.
"Tu bhi kaha badli h... Wese still a foodie ?!" Darshan asked smiling.
"For life..." Priyanka said laughing. "Wese..." She started looking around.
"Kya dhund rhi h !?"
"Bhabi ! Tu fir lana bhool gaya !?"
Darshan rubbed his palm against his face laughing.
"Tu na single hi marega..." Priyanka complained disappointed.
"Huh ! As if ! I'm getting my child enrolled in school next month..." Darshan bluffed sarcastically. "Tu apna bata..."
"Re mera to bara beta Harvard mein jaa hi rha h kal..." Priyanka said and then both broke out into a vigorous laughter.
"Wese u really have a good eye for people... He is one of a talented man..." Darshan said eyeing Reyansh.
"Haa... Mil gaya..." Priyanka said with an 'I don't care ' attitude. "Um... I need to talk to you about something important..." Priyanka said with a serious look.
"Haa sure..."
"Come here..." She took him outside.
Reyansh focused back on his cooking.