Prompt One - Need A Break

Toru pounded his fists into Hajime's chest, his hand clenched tightly. "Get off of me!"

    Hajime shook his head and wrapped his arms around Toru protectively. "I'm not going to let go of you again, Toru. You know that."

    Toru sobbed loudly and continued to bang his palm against his boyfriend. Hajime took it silently, the power behind the punches not having enough force to actually hurt the man.

    "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" He screamed, his eyes shut aggressively. "I JUST WANT A GODDAMN BREAK!"

    Hajime nodded and started to rub soothing circles into Toru's back with his fingers. "I know, Toru. It's okay, we'll take that break."

    Toru let out a sudden shout of frustration, and the sound sent worried shivers down Hajime's spine. "I DON'T WANT YOU! I NEED TO BE ALONE! FOR ONCE CAN YOU JUST- please."

    The desperation in Toru's tone as his voice cracked on the last word was enough to make Hajime flinch. The plea's that left Toru's mouth echoed around the empty locker room.

    "Come on, Toru. You don't mean that." Hajime tried to sound gentler than normal, which was more difficult now that Toru had started hitting him even harder.

    "Yes I do!" Toru cried, tears spilling from his eyes quicker than they were racing down his cheeks. "I want to be left alone. That's all I want right now."

    Hajime did a scan of all of the exits and entrances to the locker room, making sure that the two of them were truly alone before he threaded a hand through Toru's brown hair. He softly scratched at Toru's scalp soothingly as he felt the taller go limp in his arms.

    "There you go... Good job Toru, you're alright. I'm here, princess, I'm here." Hajime comforted Toru, tenderly caressing Toru's shoulder blades with his free hand.

    Toru's whole body shuddered, and Hajime finally realized how cold the room had become. That just convinced the ace to pull Toru even closer.

    Suddenly, a light knock sounded from a door to their left, and both heads whipped to face the direction of the knock.

    "Uhmm, Iwaizumi-San? Oikawa-Senpai? Are you guys still in there?" Shigeru's voice was the one on the other side of the wall, and Toru let out a sigh of relief.

    "Yes, Yahaba-Kun?" Toru answered quietly, then cleared his throat. "Sorry. We'll be out in a second."

    Hajime could practically feel the suspicion from the second year, but Shigeru didn't mention it. Instead he said, "Okay Oikawa-Senpai. I'll let you close up the gym then."

    Hajime offered Toru a small smile, and the captain tried to replicate it, but just ended in what seemed more like a grimace.

    "Thank you, Yahaba-San." Hajime said, dismissing Shigeru. Footsteps kept the two boyfriends silent until they couldn't hear them anymore.

    Toru turned back to Hajime, and deep green eyes bore into Toru's soul. Hajime was watching every small move he made, and it normally would've made him feel uncomfortable, but this was Hajime. Plus, Toru was too tired to do anything about it anyway.

    "How about we close up and you come over to my house? We can even pick up some milk-bread on our way back, if you'd like that." Hajime suggested, and Toru barely perked up at the mention of his favorite food.

    "Yeah... okay. Let's do that."

    557 words